Author Topic: Recoil Starter  (Read 2725 times)

Invader440kawa

Recoil Starter
« on: September 02, 2016, 05:11:40 PM »
Hey I'm new to this site, joined just because of ONE technical difficulty with my kawasaki 440 invader. THE RECOIL STARTER! I was trying to get a broken rope out and the entire thing jumped out and the pieces are every where. I have tried anything and I turned to this site for help. Is there a video of someone repairing one or any step by step instructions? If not can someone please tell me the code for it. Thanks for taking the time to read this :)

Interceptor398

• Administrator
Re: Recoil Starter
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2016, 07:19:55 PM »
Welcome to the site!! It takes 3 hands to do a recoil until you have done a few.  I have not done one in a while but maybe someone here has the process fresh in their head.  Be patient and we will get you all fixed up!! 8)

Invader440kawa

« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2016, 12:42:32 PM »
Thanks! Unfortunately my fuel tank is also leaking

Interceptor398

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: September 05, 2016, 04:52:40 PM »
Around the neck?

Invader440kawa

« Reply #4 on: September 21, 2016, 09:41:24 AM »
Around the neck?

No its leaking from the bottom somewhere and I dont know how to get it off. It leaks along the foot tails and when it's propped up it goes into the engine chamber. It had cauhit on fire but there was no serious damage

gixxer6

« Reply #5 on: September 21, 2016, 12:24:26 PM »
The seat will need to be removed to get the tank off. 

If it is leaking around the bottom of the tank, it is likely just a bad hose or loose clamp.  I have never seen a tank leak other than around the filler neck.