Author Topic: Idle change after warmup  (Read 1672 times)

Truder78

Idle change after warmup
« on: January 03, 2018, 08:31:30 AM »
Rebuilt carbs good carb boots invader starts right up fresh engine rebuild idles perfect @3000 go for a quick spin then it idles @4000 and won't throttle down is this normal for the 78 invader? All seems tight on the intake side Have all airbox and carb parts so box fits tight.
Kawasaki Snowmobiles
Riding the thrill of a life time

kawhead

Re: Idle change after warmup
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2018, 08:52:33 AM »
if you cant feel the throttle slides lower as you turn the idle screw your thr. cables are set to high...cd box is on its curve.....lower both thr. adjusters 1 +1/2 turn, adjust screws....set final idle after warmup

Truder78

« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2018, 09:09:05 AM »
After warm up and running @4000rpm I can turn the screws out and drop the rpms down to 3000 but then at a cold start up it won't stay idling on it's own until temp goes up 2-3 minutes... need to keep hitting the throttle... my intruder does that but only takes 30 seconds or so to hold idle
Kawasaki Snowmobiles

Truder78

« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2018, 11:26:43 AM »
ok fixed the fuel pump leak and redid the carb boots to make sure they were not leaking air. Noticed the airbox was fitting but not pulling in tight the spring clips on the carbs appeared to be homemade so I replaced them. when reinstalling the airbox i noticed one of the springs kept catching on the primer line which i don't use (was leaking)so I have a short piece on the nipple of the carb it has caught there before so I pulled it off and found a pinhole replaced the line. Now with the airbox fitting tight lines fixed no fuel leaks you guessed it ....... Idle problem gone ;D
Kawasaki Snowmobiles