Author Topic: Need help, Invader runs but wont build high RPM like it should  (Read 12018 times)

bryan_damone

Re: Need help, Invader runs but wont build high RPM like it should
« Reply #30 on: February 07, 2013, 12:45:27 PM »
A related question.

Are these symptoms of a worn out belt ever temperature dependent? With my Invader 440, if I take it easy and cruise around it seems to shift fine and run for hours without issue. However if I go fairly hard for 5 minutes or so, I begin to experience the same problems as Jashu initially described. Let it rest awhile, and everything returns to normal. 

I know temperature dependency typically points to an issue with an electrical component, however when the machine starts behaving badly, spark is still good. It should also be noted that when it starts behaving badly, I have raised the track off the ground and confirmed clutches shift as expected and RPM climb without issue. Therefore, I think the problem is in the driveline....Any thoughts are appreciated.

Sorry if this should be a new topic.

Checkmarks

« Reply #31 on: February 07, 2013, 04:15:43 PM »
Bryan,

Are your clutches hot after your aggressiveness?  Have you checked clutch alignment?  Is your belt new?

Yes start a new topic.  Much easier when a person is trying to find answers themselves without endless digging and reading.

Ambient temperatures affecting clutching No (only in extreme case)
« Last Edit: February 07, 2013, 04:19:37 PM by Checkmarks »

gixxer6

« Reply #32 on: February 08, 2013, 06:55:11 AM »
What does the temperature gauge look like?  Could be overheating? 

Also, just because your spark looks good, doesn't mean its happening at the correct time.  Could be a bad CDI..