Author Topic: Blast through the field yesterday  (Read 2770 times)

Tory944

• Torys Vintage Sleds
Blast through the field yesterday
« on: November 02, 2014, 10:06:50 AM »
  Took a blast (skis in the air) on the Interceptor yesterday...  through the field.  Snowing today...   hope to get out again later this afternoon.
Torys Vintage Sleds

rminier

Re: Blast through the field yesterday
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2014, 02:16:16 PM »
Sounds great. My Invader is about ready for another great winter. Just need to put carbs back in and pop hood back on....painted the pipe and y-pipe again this year to keep them lookin' good. Also did the y-pipe grind mentioned on this site. Now it will eat Thundercats... ::). Also knee deep in another project. Just got a gorgeous '82 Blizzard 9500 three weeks ago (a steal) and checking it from end to end. I know....not a Kawi but still a cool vintage muscle sled. My chances of finding an Interceptor or LTD for the price I paid and the condition the 9500 is in are slim and none. I have motor on work bench and all new seals and gaskets on the way....even though the thing runs great and is virtually spotless, even the steel belly pan,....can't trust those seals.
  How about all your projects? You still working on '81 SRX? And you mentioned some time ago about putting a liquid SRX motor in a Drifter chassis. Ever pursue that any further?
  I will try to post pics soon of Invader and 9500 once it's all back together.
75 SnoJet Astro SS, 79 Kawasaki Invader 440 (two of them), 81 Scorpion Sidewinder, 82 Blizzard 9500, 83 Yamaha Vmax 540, 97 MXZ 670....and holding...for now.

Tory944

• Torys Vintage Sleds
Re: Blast through the field yesterday
« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2014, 02:49:34 PM »
Still waiting on the crank for the 81' Srx at the shop...  not impressed with the wait...  was supposed to be finished a month ago.  The Drifter is in the works, but the motor swap changed.  Now it's gonna get a Ski Doo 670.  Got the motor cheap and can make it fit.  Single pipe big twin (should be good for well over 100hp).  Nice find on the 9500.  I've got an 82' and you will be impressed.  Heavy sled and doesn't handle nearly as well as the Invaders/Interceptors, but it hauls the mail in short time on the straightaways.  They don't hook up well (need studs).  The Blizzards will dig a trench from here to the next state without traction.  Took out the Interceptor again this morning before the snow melted.  I gotta tell ya, nothing is quite like that Interceptor.  It handles well, looks mean and is fast (not to mention their rarity).  Pretty easy to understand why people love em'.  I always fall back to my Kawis in the end.   Take care.
Torys Vintage Sleds