Author Topic: Info on Jet Ski Pistons for LTD and 550  (Read 12156 times)

gixxer6

Re: Info on Jet Ski Pistons for LTD and 550
« Reply #15 on: November 09, 2012, 04:18:01 PM »
I have a couple cranks that need rebuilt.  I have never taken a crank apart short of replacing the outer bearings, can the crank wheel be seperated with a bearing puller, or do I need a press? 

That Girl Racing

« Reply #16 on: November 09, 2012, 05:01:53 PM »
30 ton press. Cutting torch works also but makes it kinda hard to reassemble them. LOL

Trucker

« Reply #17 on: November 09, 2012, 06:48:06 PM »
The quality of the pistons from Bruce at JC is better than the stock pistons and the price are not out of line. If you are trying to be cheap and own a limited production rare sled  you probably should not own one.

That Girl Racing

« Reply #18 on: November 10, 2012, 06:22:33 AM »
Very well said Trucker!

gixxer6

« Reply #19 on: November 10, 2012, 09:09:17 AM »
LOL, there is definitely nothing cheap about owning an Interceptor! 

Shawn

« Reply #20 on: November 14, 2012, 07:29:16 PM »
Last I recall the Venolia pistons from Bruce are $135 each, may have gone up same as everything else in this world ? The quality is unsurpassed. I don't care how meticulously you restore your Interceptor it will never be as pretty as one of those pistons right out of the box. He has the proper rings too along with lots of other rebuild parts like wrist pins, pin bearings, gaskets, fire rings, etc. Rechroming the cylinders along with buying these pistons and rings will be cheaper than the jet ski modded route every day of the year. If 398 can do all the machining himself, and use low buck swap meet parts finds and succeed in building a running engine he will spend less out of pocket. He will have used electricity, bought or made some cutting tools & fixtures (price a good reamer for those wrist pin bores & bushings ?). Nevermind he is a competent machinist and already owns most of the tools and machinery. While he was doing this work what else might have he been able to get done in the same time for a paying customer ? I like a challenge as much as the next guy but I call Bruce and buy the pistons & rings from him. Plus there are a few resurrected Interceptors around that wouldn't be on snow again if he didn't reman those slugs. I don't know what Bob at Image still has ? Do call him to ask though as he has always been a gentleman towards me and has some hard to get stuff.  The filler neck repair kits he sold were wonderful things. 

That Girl Racing

« Reply #21 on: November 22, 2012, 05:38:02 PM »
If Bruce decides to give up on the Interceptor repop biz I will have a run of pistons made by Wiseco. But... not until then.

gixxer6

« Reply #22 on: November 22, 2012, 08:54:44 PM »
A friend just ordered a set from Bruce.  He said that Bruce doesn't stock them, he gets them per order.  And that the price is up to $175/piston, plus rings.  But he's been looking for pistons for awhile, and was happy to find them.  Props to Bruce for providing this service. 

ChaChi

« Reply #23 on: November 25, 2012, 03:08:57 PM »
The quality of the pistons from Bruce at JC is better than the stock pistons and the price are not out of line. If you are trying to be cheap and own a limited production rare sled  you probably should not own one.

Who is Bruce? Does he do re pops for LTD's?

80 Kawi

« Reply #24 on: November 29, 2012, 07:13:24 AM »
A friend just ordered a set from Bruce.  He said that Bruce doesn't stock them, he gets them per order.  And that the price is up to $175/piston, plus rings.  But he's been looking for pistons for awhile, and was happy to find them.  Props to Bruce for providing this service.
...what I said..

ChaChi

« Reply #25 on: February 12, 2013, 10:31:52 AM »
Who is bruce?

Trucker

« Reply #26 on: February 12, 2013, 03:50:17 PM »
Who is bruce?
That is the guy to talk to at JC automotive in new york for 550 pistons/rings

ChaChi

« Reply #27 on: February 12, 2013, 06:31:04 PM »
Any other contact info? Thanks for the reply trucker... Does he do LTD stuff too?

sprocket

« Reply #28 on: February 13, 2013, 01:48:25 PM »
All this talk about a jet ski piston's I use to race the stand ups, most of your Wiseco pistons were one ring piston with a chromoly ring never 2 ring unless called for it, I still have all my books of these engines if you guys need any help on information

Trucker

« Reply #29 on: February 13, 2013, 04:40:46 PM »
Any other contact info? Thanks for the reply trucker... Does he do LTD stuff too?
not that i know of. i had some pistons on ebay and not a single bid.