Author Topic: new to the interceptor  (Read 3381 times)

Mike C

new to the interceptor
« on: March 23, 2015, 07:04:15 PM »
Hi everyone.  I'm new to the forum and the interceptor.   A friend of mine gave me one to get running.  I have a couple questions I'm hoping I can get some help on finding parts.  I'm looking for a key and on the left side carb the squirter needle is broken off I discovered they are rare sleds and hard to get parts for but I hope you guys on the forum can help!  Thanks in advance.

Interceptor398

• Administrator
Re: new to the interceptor
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2015, 07:41:51 PM »
Welcome to the site.  I've never heard a guy "giving" away an Interceptor!

gixxer6

« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2015, 08:32:40 PM »
That's a hell of a friend to GIVE you an Interceptor!  Welcome to the site. 

I have a few NOS keys, let me know what number is stamped on the back of the switch and I'll see if I have the correct key. 

I recommend replacing the original carbs with some Mikuni's. 

Mike C

« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2015, 06:00:32 AM »
Sorry i should have been more specific.   The interceptor is still his, he just gave it to me to get running for him. I think he's going to want to sell it once it's running again.  It definitely a neat machine.

Gixxer6-  I'll take the switch out and let you know what the number is .  And what type of mikuni's should I be looking for?  Are they a direct swap?

gixxer6

« Reply #4 on: March 24, 2015, 07:11:47 AM »
Most guys run 38mm round slides, some bore them to 39.5mm.  If I'm remembering correctly, you'll need a different throttle cable and a throttle lever from an Invader.  Do some searching on this site, I believer there's some info on the swap. 

DougKauer

« Reply #5 on: March 25, 2015, 08:50:55 AM »
Mike, keep it original will get a little extra cash when you go to sell it. I'm seeing more owners using non orig. carbs lately. I know they can be pain sometimes and parts are hard to get, but I've always loved orig.  Doug