Author Topic: King of the Hill  (Read 2095 times)

jimvw57

King of the Hill
« on: February 25, 2013, 12:00:31 AM »
I was at the Frontenac show and during the trail ride, there was an old ski hill from back when it was a ski area. It had quite a vertical drop, especially when seen from the bottom. One sled was trying to climb to the top, an older Polaris TX model. He had to loop back a couple of times but kept trying and made it on the third attempt.
A fellow Kawasaki enthusiast from over in Bay City (the guy who has the prototype sled) said he was going to go for it with his 1981 LTD. I declined as I was on my Intruder (1982) but I watched him streak right straight up the hill, making his own trail the whole way!!

That was impressive! I wish I would have got it on video but it didn't occur to me until after he made it.

Got a pic of the Polaris first attempt. Doesn't really show how high the hill is..

2nd picture is the hill we went down before the hill climb Last pic  is on top of the hills looking down..
« Last Edit: February 25, 2013, 12:20:10 AM by jimvw57 »

gavinvader

Re: King of the Hill
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2013, 06:31:14 AM »
Wow!!!!! A lawn mower snowmobile????  Now that is just crazy!!!! lol

jimvw57

Re: King of the Hill
« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2013, 07:56:49 AM »
he's been around for a few years, runs good and quite nicely done. even has pogo style front suspension.  usually takes the prize for rat rod.