Author Topic: oil injection lines  (Read 2414 times)

gavinvader

oil injection lines
« on: February 25, 2013, 07:21:51 PM »
I made the mistake of not marking the oil injection lines when i pulled them off the pump.  I have searched the manual and nothing clearly shows where the lines go from pump to crankcase and cylinders.  Can anyone enlighten me please?

Mad Kaw

Re: oil injection lines
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2013, 08:30:44 PM »
http://www.kawasakitrax.com/oillines.html

theres 2 vertical fittings on the top and one horizontal on the side... the vertical closest to the motor goes to the crank bearing,,, rear vertical to the pto side cylinder,,, horizontal to the mag side...

when you put oil in it for the first time,,, you have to bleed out all the air from the tank/pump line... remove the bleeder screw (bolt) on the side and let it drip till you see no air bubbles in the line... if you cant see thru it,,, let it run till its no longer "burping" at the bleeder and a steady stream is coming out...

what i do to save time & mess is i disconnect the feed line,,, have somebody slowly dump oil in the tank with my thumb over the end of the hose,,, then put the hose on the fitting when oil reaches the end and the bubbles are gone from the hose... a few seconds with the bleeder open afterwards,, its all clear of air..

then when you start it up for the first time,,, the banjo lines need to be purged... put some 40:1 premix in the fuel tank,,, disconnect the cable end at the oil pump... then either use a rubber-band, or something to wedge the lever wide open on the pump... start it up and let it idle for about 5 minutes...

or this might explain it better:  ;D
http://www.kawasakitrax.com/oilpump.html

gavinvader

« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2013, 05:36:04 AM »
thank you,  couldn't believe they dont show that in the manual.  even the pic u posted doesn't show it very well.  thanks for info.....i love this website!!

gavinvader

« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2013, 06:47:32 AM »
now that my  eyes are open a little more i see everything clearly in the picture :)