Author Topic: How Many Good Parts Have You Scrapped?  (Read 3507 times)

Metalman

How Many Good Parts Have You Scrapped?
« on: September 21, 2016, 09:32:21 PM »
I don't know if the vintage Kawasaki interest is dying or if I am in an area where they were not very popular. I was thinking about all the parts I have scrapped the other day when I sold an Invader.
 I had so much stuff sitting at one point I just had to clean house. I put things on numerous craigslists and never got any responses, I couldnt even give the stuff away. I wasn't going to mess around on Ebay with this stuff because there is so much on there already.
 I have scrapped a new still in factory plastic 1978 Intruder hood. 3 - complete 440 Intruder motors. 2- 440 and 2 - 340 Invader motors, full skids and suspension parts. handlebars, trim pcs and lots of misc small parts.
 I felt bad scrapping this stuff but it has to end somewhere, I have plenty left and I really don't want to end up like so many on American Pickers.

DougKauer

Re: How Many Good Parts Have You Scrapped?
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2016, 10:35:40 PM »
Where are you located? If you are close to me in Mass. I would probably buy some of the parts. I'm always also looking for NOS parts to.  Doug

Dandb7

« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2016, 06:23:06 AM »
Where are you located..?
1982 Kawasaki Interceptor 550 #558
1979 Kawasaki Drifter 440
1989 Arctic Cat Pantera 440
2012 Arctic Cat F1100 Turbo 50th Anniversary 2015 Arctic Cat Lynx 2000

Interceptor398

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2016, 07:46:32 AM »
I don't know if the vintage Kawasaki interest is dying or if I am in an area where they were not very popular. I was thinking about all the parts I have scrapped the other day when I sold an Invader.
 I had so much stuff sitting at one point I just had to clean house. I put things on numerous craigslists and never got any responses, I couldnt even give the stuff away. I wasn't going to mess around on Ebay with this stuff because there is so much on there already.
 I have scrapped a new still in factory plastic 1978 Intruder hood. 3 - complete 440 Intruder motors. 2- 440 and 2 - 340 Invader motors, full skids and suspension parts. handlebars, trim pcs and lots of misc small parts.
 I felt bad scrapping this stuff but it has to end somewhere, I have plenty left and I really don't want to end up like so many on American Pickers.

Should have post here in the "for sale" with a location??

gixxer6

« Reply #4 on: September 23, 2016, 01:30:28 PM »
Absolutely.  There are plenty of folks in here that have the kaw disease bad enough to drive quite a distance for free parts! 

I had a handful of bare chassis' that I let my son take for scrap.  I still have a huge pile of junk hoods and belly pans that I need to dispose of.  I put this stuff on here first, got a little interest, but no takers.   :(

I fear this for the rest of my collection of Kawi parts.  I know if I decided to get out, I would have no trouble getting rid of the NOS parts and the hard to find stuff.  But the more common parts would likely be scrapped.   
« Last Edit: September 23, 2016, 01:35:07 PM by gixxer6 »

Metalman

« Reply #5 on: September 23, 2016, 09:15:42 PM »
I'm in Southern Wisconsin, a guy did just drive 3 hours to buy an Invader. Don't have any parts left that I'm selling. I did post some of the parts on here but didn't have any takers.
 I was just curious as to how many of you have had to scrap good parts because the pile was just getting too big.

Joel

« Reply #6 on: September 24, 2016, 06:08:39 AM »
That all depends on who thinks the pile is to big. Just don't ask my wife.
79 Drifter 440, 79 Invader 440,82 Intruder,81 LTD, 82 LTD x2, 82 GT Prototype,82 Interceptor #519

Interceptor398

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: September 24, 2016, 06:49:46 AM »
If it is busted or broken I might throw it out.