Author Topic: Waconia Curse lives on!!!  (Read 3397 times)

jimvw57

Waconia Curse lives on!!!
« on: February 14, 2013, 10:17:57 AM »
As most of you know, every year when I go to Waconia, I get plagued with venicle problems. This week the proverbial snow hit the salt shield...

Oldest son's car threw the serpentine belt by locking up the tensioner bearing,
Youngest son's car broke a front flex brake line dumping all the brake fluid,
Youngest son's girlfriend dumped all the trans fluid out of my Jimmy, not sure why yet..

Running out of vehicles again...

I'm going out to ride the 4/6.

Mad Kaw

Re: Waconia Curse lives on!!!
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2013, 10:49:05 AM »
good choice... screw working on cars  :P

did all this happen in the past week??? since waconia was a couple weeks ago,,, you might have the curse cleared on a technicality... just sayin  :P

jimvw57

« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2013, 12:31:54 AM »
Not so sure it is a Waconia curse as a "kid" curse...

Interceptor398

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2013, 10:45:07 AM »
Sprinstead is coming up in a few days and my truck needs a fuel pump!!  The truck will stay home this year and the Grand Caravan will be the vehicle I use.  I measured things up and if I take the ski's off the 81 Invader it will fit with an inch to spare.  This could be interesting but I AM GOING!!! ;D

gixxer6

« Reply #4 on: February 15, 2013, 12:12:17 PM »
Sprinstead is coming up in a few days and my truck needs a fuel pump!!  The truck will stay home this year and the Grand Caravan will be the vehicle I use.  I measured things up and if I take the ski's off the 81 Invader it will fit with an inch to spare.  This could be interesting but I AM GOING!!! ;D

Make sure you get pictures of this.  I want to see it!   :o

jimvw57

« Reply #5 on: February 16, 2013, 12:14:56 AM »
At least it's not going on the roof with a couple of ramps... I salute your ingenuity

Interceptor398

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: February 16, 2013, 08:32:27 AM »
At least it's not going on the roof with a couple of ramps... I salute your ingenuity

I have considered the roof thing also!!  There is a small chance the sled back bumper may need to come off but I think just the ski's will be enough.  2 bolts is not a big deal. I also have an 80 Drifter 440 that will be easy to get in the van. It started 3rd pull after sitting 2 years but it has a light flickering and dieing problem a couple days ago.  The wiring harness has had a hard life and needs some tweeking so I'm sticking with the "old reliable" 81 Invader.  My 81 340 Drifter runs OK but is hard to start and will idle down and die, it's acting like the seals need to be replaced.