Author Topic: Guys who "say" they want a part and never call back  (Read 5536 times)

Tory944

• Torys Vintage Sleds
Guys who "say" they want a part and never call back
« on: April 18, 2014, 06:52:40 AM »
  So, I guess I must be the dying breed of individuals who actually has a backbone.  I've heard things like...   " I'll pay you whatever you want"...   "I'll call you back tonight"...  the list goes on.  If you don't at least have the decency to call me back or send me a pm (one way or the other) then I'd rather not do business with you PERIOD.  It says a lot about an individual who doesn't have the """.  If you are one of these type of buyers...  my advice is "check yourself".  What goes around comes around.  For all the great guys I have done business with (buying and selling)...  cheers to you.  Drinks on me!
Torys Vintage Sleds

jimvw57

Re: Guys who "say" they want a part and never call back
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2014, 10:58:52 AM »
Been there! It is aggravating and just plain rude. wastes a lot of time and money when they say they will meet you some place and then don't show up or even call and cancel.

58Evinrude

« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2014, 06:03:11 PM »
I guess I'm on the other end.. guy advertises that he a lot of Kawi parts for sale, and I need some. Send him a short list of stuff, with factory no's, and ask him what he's got.  Supposedly most of it, he tells me, great, give me a price and shipping, lets do business.

After 3 weeks of back and forth with progress going nowhere, I gave up. I could've been buying the parts from someone real instead of being dicked around with this jerk.

Tory944

• Torys Vintage Sleds
« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2014, 06:48:01 PM »
  Guess you should have called me...   I wouldn't have jerked you around.   I hear that it can go both ways...   welcome to the world we live in.  I am only speaking for myself, but I sell a lot of Kawi parts and have always tried to be helpful on the phone with all my customers...  even just total strangers who just want to talk sleds.  Some people only care about the $$$ and some just love the hobby and use the $$$ to fund their projects (not as a 401K plan).
Torys Vintage Sleds

kawhead

« Reply #4 on: April 19, 2014, 08:09:27 AM »
most people are decent, but 5 % or so are real d!ck heads

Tory944

• Torys Vintage Sleds
« Reply #5 on: April 19, 2014, 03:41:43 PM »
...  couldn't have said it any better, except maybe more like 20% from my experience.
Torys Vintage Sleds

Trucker

« Reply #6 on: April 21, 2014, 06:10:58 PM »
I always loved waiting around for people who never showed up. The guys who say they want to buy all  of the parts then only want a few choice items that they "need" right away and arent heard from again. You will see it all if you are either buying or selling these days. There have been a few people that i dont even reply to anymore because of past dealings and my wife refuses to deal with any of it because of a few people.

kawhead

« Reply #7 on: April 22, 2014, 08:58:25 AM »
maybe its 6% ::)

kawhead

« Reply #8 on: April 23, 2014, 08:15:27 AM »
i run a little boat shop and most people are decent most of the time.....and the rest i growl at a little bit and they dont come back ;)  oh well :'(

Tory944

• Torys Vintage Sleds
« Reply #9 on: April 23, 2014, 04:15:57 PM »
...  their loss.
Torys Vintage Sleds

Interceptor398

• Administrator
« Reply #10 on: April 23, 2014, 06:29:26 PM »
I have not have to much trouble with this so far.  Sometimes people are just checking all their options "kickin the tires" and find something better someplace else or just deciede to wait a while in which case the first one to show the money is the winner.  Ebay kind of sorts this out a little better but at a price.  Just a few days back I found out it was $38.00 to send a $40.00 dollar clutch to to Canada.  Way to much for what it is so I refunded his payment and will wait until I get some Interceptor suspension shaft done to make the box worth a little more.  Just take time sometimes.

Tory944

• Torys Vintage Sleds
« Reply #11 on: April 23, 2014, 06:58:09 PM »
  Kinda like skis...  they are long, heavy and not easy to box up.  If I think a set of nice skis are worth $40, I have a hard time justifying an extra $50 to ship them so I end up saying the hell with it.  I haven't quite figured out how to ship windshields without constructing a box the size of a school bus that only weighs 1 pound. 
Torys Vintage Sleds

kawhead

« Reply #12 on: April 24, 2014, 08:24:49 AM »
i've sold a few used boats on craigs list and bought a few parts on e bay,happy so far but i should start thining the vintage sled/ outboard parts down but dont really think its worth the e bay bull.

Tory944

• Torys Vintage Sleds
« Reply #13 on: April 24, 2014, 01:00:11 PM »
  I've had some problems selling on ebay lately...   it seems people have caught on to the fact that they can buy something from you and then conveniently  not pay for it....   AND GET AWAY WITH IT!  Ebay just pats them on the fanny and says "don't do it again".   Ebay will not let the "seller" leave negative feedback on someone who decided not to pay, consequently the buyer can still retain a 100% feedback rating.  That is why IMO feedback ratings are pretty retarded.  Someone can leave negative feedback on an individual if the package doesn't arrive promptly...  even though the buyer was o.k. with having the product shipped standard mail!  Sometimes I think I need my head examined for selling on ebay.  This is a good reason to try and sell items "off" ebay as much as possible.  Welcome to the world of retail sales! Urghh.
Torys Vintage Sleds

kawhead

« Reply #14 on: April 24, 2014, 05:05:10 PM »
my point exactly....i need to find a boat parts swap meet