Author Topic: SOLD!!!  (Read 4093 times)

jimvw57

SOLD!!!
« on: September 16, 2014, 10:22:12 AM »
just got off the phone and my 4/6 is sold! it is joining the growing collection in Wisconsin where it will join with the Interceptor that also has the prototype suspension, although I would guess it will end up in a more fitting sled.

A few odds and ends  left over in parts and I am done with the sleds. Thinking a fire sale at Douglas swap meet. Not even sure what all I have, but there is a bucket full of carb bodies, a pair of pistons, and a bunch of clutches and secondaries that will be for sale cheap!!

I am doing this for you guys!! now that I don't have any sleds, there will be record snowfall everywhere!!   ;D

Tory944

• Torys Vintage Sleds
Re: SOLD!!!
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2014, 12:12:30 PM »
Sorry to hear you are moving on to other things...  good for you on the 4/6.  At some point in life, most all of us sled heads will probably move on to other things.  I've had a 68' Plymouth GTX sitting in my barn for the past 15 or so years and someday I will get back on that.  Maybe if I sell a few of my Interceptors...   someday.  My brother used to have/like sleds, but got tired of working on them more than riding.  He has been trying to get me back into the muscle car scene for quite some time.  I just don't have the time or $$ to do it all!  Just another chapter in the life.  The toughest part of the vintage sled hobby (for me) is my location.  Barely any people around here are into sleds, especially Kawasakis.  I am one of few and far between.  Mostly Harley D's until Jan until their hands & nuts get so cold they park the bikes and sit in front of the TV until spring.
Torys Vintage Sleds

Interceptor398

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2014, 02:18:30 PM »
Only time will tell if Jim has really kicked the mad kaw.  Hope you hang around and I get to bump into you again!!

Dandb7

« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2014, 08:02:27 PM »
Sad to see a Kawi Sled Lover go.......there are few of us around....

PS Jim, i hope you have another hobby and won't be ''sitting'' in front of the fireplace all winter....

:-)
1982 Kawasaki Interceptor 550 #558
1979 Kawasaki Drifter 440
1989 Arctic Cat Pantera 440
2012 Arctic Cat F1100 Turbo 50th Anniversary 2015 Arctic Cat Lynx 2000

jimvw57

« Reply #4 on: September 17, 2014, 12:39:14 AM »
I still have a fond place in my heart for sleds, especially Kawasakis! Not saying I won't make it out to Waconia or one of the many vintage sled shows, or that I won't end up buying another sled in the future. Just trying to have a few weekends free by downsizing the toys department.  I will still check in once and awhile....

Just so you know, I have been told I have no cartilage left in my right wrist, it is pretty much bone on bone and it won't get better. My right knee and ankle are pretty much the same, walking is getting to be a chore, as is loading and unloading sleds, trailers, cutting grass,etc. The mind and heart are willing but I guess I need a new body. Gotta cut back so I can last longer. Not looking for sympathy as I got too much to do.
« Last Edit: September 17, 2014, 01:53:38 AM by jimvw57 »

Interceptor398

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: September 17, 2014, 07:05:35 AM »
Good Luck Jim!!

mswyka

« Reply #6 on: September 17, 2014, 07:34:14 PM »
Jim, should I send you some worn out crank seals so that you won't miss the sleds?
Intruders:  1978, 1979, 1981 Custom (Pink)
Invaders:   1980 440
Projects:    1981 Invader 440

jimvw57

« Reply #7 on: September 18, 2014, 08:46:58 AM »
Going through stuff to take to Douglas this Sunday I seem to have plenty of worn out seals, but thanks for the offer!!!
« Last Edit: September 20, 2014, 05:11:43 PM by jimvw57 »

jimvw57

« Reply #8 on: September 20, 2014, 05:14:43 PM »
The 4/6 took that final ride out of the front yard... now all I see is an empty trailer, and an empty back yard. First time I have been without a sled to wrench on in a long long time. Spent the day loading up stuff for Douglas swap meet in the morning!

Oct 4th is swap meet in Elk River and there is a group of us from work heading up there. Should be a good time.