Author Topic: Wtb spindle bushings  (Read 1190 times)

Ameritude

Wtb spindle bushings
« on: April 13, 2021, 09:51:47 AM »
Mine are worn out and I would prefer to have steel ones. Bronze work as well just as long as I get new ones.

Interceptor398

• Administrator
Re: Wtb spindle bushings
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2021, 08:51:30 AM »
The used steel ones I have measured were about the same size as the new ones.  If I get a chance I will measure a few.

Ameritude

« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2021, 09:50:28 AM »
The only reason I'm being so picky about them being new, is because I'm trying to get rid of as much slop as possible. Mine aren't that bad but allow the skis to slightly move individualy.

bryan_damone

« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2021, 12:48:29 PM »
I can comment, and I think Interceptor 398 would confirm, even when new there is a little more clearance between the spindle and bushings than you might expect. Also a source of slop for me was in the spindle to ski saddle connection. Again even in new condition, the clearance is a bit more than you would expect. I think the only way to really tighten it up would be to turn some oillite bearing stock to make new bushings for the spindle to bulkhead and spindle to ski saddle which are a couple thou less on the ID. 

Ameritude

« Reply #4 on: April 14, 2021, 02:03:43 PM »
Gotcha

Interceptor398

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: April 14, 2021, 10:14:21 PM »
I can comment, and I think Interceptor 398 would confirm, even when new there is a little more clearance between the spindle and bushings than you might expect. Also a source of slop for me was in the spindle to ski saddle connection. Again even in new condition, the clearance is a bit more than you would expect. I think the only way to really tighten it up would be to turn some oillite bearing stock to make new bushings for the spindle to bulkhead and spindle to ski saddle which are a couple thou less on the ID.

Well said!