Author Topic: Some great news today about my 82 Intruder  (Read 3824 times)

snojet71

Some great news today about my 82 Intruder
« on: February 05, 2013, 12:06:11 PM »
Ok,  I bought this 82 Intruder a few months ago.  A little old lady owned it......Seriously, she did.   I also bought her husbands 81 LTD .  So , he rode a lot (LTD has  6000 plus miles on the clock).      So didnt ride much.   783 shows on the Intruder clock.  However,,,,the speedo reads primary in KM and mph secondary .   Sooooo, I thought maybe the odometer reads in KM, not miles.     I confirmed this today since today was the first ride on the Intruder.   Had someone ride with me on a Sno Jet with a working speedometer/odometer.   Bingo......the Intruder read 1.0 and the Sno Jet read a little over .5 mile.   We then confirmed it with another Sno Jet and the same thing.  The conversion factor is .62 according to Google.     So the Intruder that read 783 KM is really 485 miles!!!!!.     A good deal got much better.    This is the nicest old sled I have.
If any of you come to the Whiteout Saturday, Look me up.    I'll be showing this one and a 77 SST and Maybe the LTD if its done.

BTW:   I havent riden the LTD yet so I dont know what that odometer reads in (km or miles)     Greg

Interceptor398

• Administrator
Re: Some great news today about my 82 Intruder
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2013, 01:36:28 PM »
My 82 Intruder has the same speedo.

gixxer6

« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2013, 01:50:09 PM »
The 82' Inruder parts book in the members area shows the Speedometer Drive Adapter as "Calibrated in KPH".  Maybe all 82' Intruders were that way??? 

snojet71

« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2013, 04:42:37 PM »
I didnt think to look in my parts book.    Dah..........Greg
Thanks for the info and confirmation.

Trucker

« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2013, 05:41:22 PM »
They all were in KPH in 82

snojet71

« Reply #5 on: February 11, 2013, 04:39:19 PM »
Follow up.   82 Intruder.  First ride on this sled since I bought it.   Put 100 miles on it in 2 days up north and happy to say it performed flawlessly.  Even the handlebar heaters worked.   Nice sled. Then showed it at the Eastern Whiteout on Saturday.   Rode the 77 SST in the vintage ride on Sunday.  Also, no breakdowns.     Nice to get home with  nothing to fix.