Author Topic: Kawasaki Shark Clone  (Read 11177 times)

sprocket

Kawasaki Shark Clone
« on: February 11, 2013, 01:29:57 AM »
Made the sled from 3 pictures 6 years ago been racing it along with showing the sled at show's & winning 1st @ the VSCA National Show in Thief River Falls,Mn. Now some of you guys know that I was in a wreck at Waconia, Mn this year Sunday racing with ORA race curcit. I broke my pelvis along with some bruses and also the sled will need some fixing but I will be back for next season. A guy that I know was racing in the same class with me that day & shot this video
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5W3y8VqkMEs&feature=youtu.be

The Great Jashu

Re: Kawasaki Shark Clone
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2013, 01:48:47 PM »
Wow! All I saw was you and sled flipping and rolling across the ice. You can always build another sled, glad you are still here to tell us about it!.

Did a ski catch or something? Or do you not remember the wreck?

sprocket

« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2013, 05:57:59 PM »
The back of the sled was pushing towards the right, so I was counter steering it to come back (straight) that didn't happen, the sled pitched me off (hine sided) & landing like a rag doll on the ice, I remembered most of it & it still hurts today, as for the sled goes the hood needs lots of work, tail light housing smashed flat, handle bars, rear suspension, not sure yet on the front left ski if it's the bulk head that is tweaked or a bent spindle, I haven't had much time to look at the sled, since I've been laid up.

Gotmytwister

« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2013, 06:45:00 PM »
Sprocket,

First off get well soon. Don't worry about the "Shark". You have so much talent. That sled will come back better than ever. Seen pictures of the ski brackets you made for Greg's Merc. Absolutely awesome! When you get better I might be needing some.

heal fast

Gord

jimvw57

« Reply #4 on: February 12, 2013, 09:51:57 AM »
Good to hear you are on the mend. Wish I could have seen the race (not the crash) Get better soon!!

sprocket

« Reply #5 on: February 13, 2013, 02:00:16 PM »
Gotmytwister, Greg's project was fun except for a  few items, let me know what you are thinking & I help you out as much as I can

79Intruder

• Stripping down 79 Intruder
« Reply #6 on: February 13, 2013, 03:16:56 PM »
Glad to hear that you are ok. I saw the video. It happen so quick. Do you have any before or after pictures of the sled?

Mad Kaw

« Reply #7 on: February 13, 2013, 04:06:36 PM »
heres some pictures of it
http://www.vintagesledders.com/forums/index.php?topic=2800.0

i dont know if i could stomach seeing the after shots  :'(

glad you're ok

sprocket

« Reply #8 on: February 14, 2013, 12:34:48 PM »
The after math don't look all that bad so far, I snapped a few pictures inside a friend of mines enclosed trailer on my way home from the hospital, there will be more once I get to the sled and really look it over I am sure there is more things wrong with it.

snopromoe

« Reply #9 on: March 02, 2013, 09:01:57 PM »
what did your sled start out as. looks like a mercury free air but the rest of it is?

Gotmytwister

« Reply #10 on: March 03, 2013, 10:18:36 PM »
Gotmytwister, Greg's project was fun except for a  few items, let me know what you are thinking & I help you out as much as I can

I'm looking at getting you to make those ski brackets for my sno pro. I can call you to discuss when your healthier.

jimvw57

« Reply #11 on: March 04, 2013, 12:22:28 AM »
Here is a picture I took in 2010 at Waconia.

sprocket

« Reply #12 on: March 05, 2013, 08:25:30 PM »
what did your sled start out as. looks like a mercury free air but the rest of it is?
a Kawasaki Shark Clone the tunnel, spindles, steering arms, ski brackets, engine, top clamp for handle bars is all Kawasaki, the rest is something l made, yes from 3 pictures that l got including the hood. I made the sled to run ice ovals with ISR specs which l race with ORA, SLEDS, CMRC, Main Event (Hetten Cup), ran with Rola & Wolf lake Outlaws years back with this sled