Author Topic: Kawasaki LTD Seat cover? IMAGE ENTERPRISES!  (Read 12142 times)

ChaChi

Re: Kawasaki LTD Seat cover? IMAGE ENTERPRISES!
« Reply #15 on: November 22, 2012, 08:01:46 AM »
Also this is the first seat cover I have ever installed and I feel I did a pretty darn good job, but not exactly perfect...

I ended up having to soften the entire seat base in front of the fire place, for a few hours, before my electric stapler would shoot fastners into it. I also re enforced the base with 1/4 inch ply on the foam side and west system fibreglass resin. I sank in some 3/8's SS nuts into the ply/glass for mounting, this turned out great, the seat is not going anywhere now... I actually can't believe I was going nearly 100mph sitting on a seat with a broken seat pan, It could have ripped off at any time with very little force!

Either way this base cost 200$ ish, depending on your location shipping may change the price a bit! I was quoted 300 plus to have it re done professionally with the quilted design, so I am happy... Not really something I loved spending that many bucks on, but the end result is a nicer seat!

gixxer6

« Reply #16 on: November 22, 2012, 08:46:48 AM »
It looks great!  Next to the Interceptor seat, the LTD pleated seats are my favorite. 

sappony

« Reply #17 on: November 22, 2012, 11:51:30 AM »
wow that looks great!

ltd440snowrider

« Reply #18 on: December 09, 2012, 09:50:43 AM »
Wow... that seat looks impressive! Bob at Image is awesome to deal with! I have bought Kawasaki items from him many times.

ChaChi

« Reply #19 on: December 09, 2012, 01:37:45 PM »
I agree! Completely, I almost can't wait until the next time I need to order something from him! LOL

Tory944

• Torys Vintage Sleds
« Reply #20 on: February 21, 2013, 08:16:43 AM »
I have dealt with Bob at Image for many years... he is a fair businessman.  He tries to carry and reproduce "quality" parts for Kawi's and Merc's.  In talking to "some" vintage riders in the past "some" claim he is overpriced.  Well, as I stated earlier... he is a fair businessman.   If you are looking for junk, don't call Bob.  Some people will never understand how good business works.   I do believe in the old saying "what goes around comes around" and with that Bob is a top notch guy willing to go alittle extra to help us all out.  We need to "appreciate" his "willingness" cause' when he is retired from business, where will you go for that "quality" part/seat cover?
Torys Vintage Sleds

ChaChi

« Reply #21 on: February 21, 2013, 04:43:09 PM »
I totally agree 100%

I need to get a few more parts before he hangs up his coat!

You get what you pay for when it comes down to it... The seat is nicer in some ways then the factory kawasaki seat cover! I know getting that elsewhere wouldn't have been easy or cheap!

I got kawasaki NOS LTD pistons from him in the past and they were priced very fair considering what they were!