Site News > Discussion & Help

1979 Invader Fuel Pump Rebuild

<< < (3/4) > >>

moz_21:
I just ordered a kit myself. I only have one actual Kawi pump, the rest have been standard Mikuni. I was losing fuel on the top end running. I've never had the standard pump fill the motor with fuel, however. Lucky I guess.

On that note, are the 2 diaphragms separate that have that large aluminum piece with the o-ring? Mine seem to be stuck together? Or does it screw together?

Kirk750:
Your needles and seats must be in good shape. I had an intruder fill the crankcase once when I trailered it. it had the factory pump, it was pretty depressing to drive 4 hours to find the sled hydro locked.

Interceptor398:
I've never had one hydro lock on me.  I have had them flooded from all the bouncing because of the bumpy roads.  I no longer trailer my sleds when full of gas but wait until I get where I am going to fill them.

moz_21:
I got the kit in. Discovered someone had put a kit in before. The hole was missing! Amazed it ran. The old diaphragm was so hard it must have been hanging open enough to run

Interceptor398:

--- Quote from: moz_21 on February 16, 2018, 04:04:34 PM ---I got the kit in. Discovered someone had put a kit in before. The hole was missing! Amazed it ran. The old diaphragm was so hard it must have been hanging open enough to run

--- End quote ---

I think this has happened more than a couple times.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version