Author Topic: Interceptor gauge dash panel  (Read 3391 times)

Tory944

• Torys Vintage Sleds
Interceptor gauge dash panel
« on: May 11, 2013, 05:47:16 PM »
   Need some help........     I was parting out a 1982 Kawasaki Intruder and the dash panel looked the same as my Interceptor panel (had cutouts on the left side "only" like the Ceptor).  Anyone have part #'s or input to confirm this?  I know most all dash panels are different from year to year/ model to model.  Unless my glasses are fogged these two panels look the same.  Are any of the 82' model dashes a match to the Interceptor?  Thanks.

Tory
Torys Vintage Sleds

gixxer6

Re: Interceptor gauge dash panel
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2013, 07:14:45 PM »
The Intruder panel doesn't have the hole cutout for a temp gauge. 

Tory944

• Torys Vintage Sleds
« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2013, 07:46:29 PM »
  Thanks........    That should have been obvious......     "Hello, I am a fan cooled engine!"   I was so wrapped up with the vent cutout similarities I looked past the most obvious! 
Torys Vintage Sleds

gixxer6

« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2013, 10:40:52 AM »
The Interceptor doesn't have a hole next to the ignition switch for a primer.  The 81-82 LTD's also do not have the primer hole, but the speedo hole is slightly larger to fit the bigger speedo with the trip odometer. 

I picked up a one piece Intruder dash at a local junk yard that is in excellent shape, I plan to cut a hole for a temp gauge.   

Tory944

• Torys Vintage Sleds
« Reply #4 on: May 12, 2013, 02:05:03 PM »
I was thinking the same thing as you w/the Intruder dash...  cut the hole for the temp gauge.  Thanks for all the info.  I parted out six Kawasakis/various models and put all the dash panels in a box.  One of these days I will lay them all out and look more closely at the differences.  I have noticed that the Interceptor dashes have afew pilot holes near the gauge mounting holes - I am assuming for water drain purposes.  One of the Interceptors I purchased afew years ago, someone had gone thru the trouble of pulling the bars off and replacing the dash panel w/a non Ceptor panel.  Kinda odd considering the rest of the sled was beautiful - only like 460 miles.  I wanted to make sure I put the "correct one" back on.  I don't know that many Interceptor owners are aware of the "correct" parts....  kinda like the Ceptor skis (for example).  Unless you have afew of them,  it is hard to know right from wrong.                 Many Thanks.                                                 Tory
Torys Vintage Sleds