General Category > General Discussion

Boogity boogity boogity, let's go racing.

(1/27) > >>

Ameritude:
This is my 1978-79 kawasaki invader, that I picked up for a little less than 160 bucks. It has about 1850 miles and I'm going to be racing it next year in january. My vintage sled guy, has about 20 of these sleds sitting in his gravel driveway all under a tarp. I honestly picked this one because the seat is literally perfect and I believe its factory. The hood is pretty decent, the worst part on it is the paint cracking, it's all there structure wise. I thought ide bring you guys along with me on the journey of restoring/race prepping it. I plan to clean the exterior up and shine up the aluminum but leave the hood how it is. The engine is where its really gonna shine, its going to be immaculate and perfectly functional. Kinda a sleeper in my brain. Anyways, hope you guys enjoy

DougKauer:
That's not the original seat.

Ameritude:
Well now I know. Thanks :)

Interceptor398:
A really nice original seat for a 78 Invader is very rare,  this one is aftermarket but looks real good.  It will be fun to follow your efforts with this sled.

Good Luck!!

Ameritude:
Well of course, im preoccupied... I guess I gotta get the old scorpion back together before I get started on anouther project. I did however get the clutch, carbs and gas tank off the kawi. That blue sure does clean up nice. Anywhoo, better get back to work.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version