Author Topic: New Member--- might have bought Jesse Dodges LTD  (Read 4052 times)

panhead

New Member--- might have bought Jesse Dodges LTD
« on: November 05, 2013, 04:33:19 PM »
I purchased a 1981 LTD on Sunday from a man near Albany, NY. Sled only now has 425 KM. If anybody knows the Vin of his sled or if he still has it. I know this sled came from Wisconsin or Minn.? a few years back. The sled is shown in the gallery in two locations, 2007 sled with Jesses Girl friend in it. Anyone know any history about the sled. Thanks, Pan  8)
« Last Edit: November 05, 2013, 07:06:17 PM by panhead »

Winter Thunder

Re: New Member--- might have bought Jesse Dodges LTD
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2013, 10:35:03 PM »
Thats me ;)  That sled started the "Chicx on Sleds" posts with that picture. ;D ;D  No it has been confirmed that that LTD I used to own now resides in Bay City, WI.  I have meet the current owner and seen it with my own eyes.  Bought an interceptor hood from him and got to talking and he showed me his collection.  Low and behold he has the sled.  Small world.  When I sold the sled back in about 2008 it has 278 miles on it.  The current owner said it now has 350 on it.

History of that sled is as follows:
I bought it from a guy in Saint Cloud, MN in 2005.  Oringinal cover and all manuals came with it.  That guy bought it from the original owners from Colorado.  I owned it up tell 2008.  I brought it to a few shows.  It was one of those machines because of its nice original condition and low miles I didnt want to ride it much.  I became bored with it and developed interests in other sleds and sold it to a guy from around Bemedji, MN if I remember correctly.  He then sold it a few years later to a guy in Bay City, WI where it now resides.  I lloked at the sled closely and could tell it was mine by some custom paint details on the belly pan and hood along with some other small details.
« Last Edit: November 12, 2013, 10:43:04 PM by Winter Thunder »

Winter Thunder

« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2013, 10:55:56 PM »
Do you have some pictures of this LTD you just bought.

Here it was right before I sold it in about 2008 or 09.  Notice the hand painted pin striping on the headlight in the first pic and also the tunnel decal imperfection right under the gas tank in the second pic.

panhead

« Reply #3 on: November 26, 2013, 07:33:41 PM »
I haven't been on here lately, sorry for the delay.  My LTD has no pin striping in my hood. My sled is Canadian also because it has Km speedo. I also have the same cover and books. Owners, maintenance, parts and original sales brochure from 81.
« Last Edit: November 26, 2013, 07:36:10 PM by panhead »

jimvw57

« Reply #4 on: November 27, 2013, 12:13:45 AM »
That 'guy' in Bay City also owns one of the only Invader prototype sleds I have ever seen. Serial number Proto 1 (I believe) it has LTD skis, and seat, and a handmade aluminum pop up  headlight. I think it is in St Germain  museum now...

I have seen some of the sleds he has rebuilt and he does a top notch job!!

BornagianKawi

« Reply #5 on: November 28, 2013, 10:35:31 AM »
Happy Thanksgiving everyone. The LTD that is talked about is restored and is planning a showing at Pottings Bar, Osceola Wisc. Dec. 7. Along with Prototype. Yes, it is back home. Thanks very much Jim for compliment. But correction on skis, they are Interceptor.

jimvw57

« Reply #6 on: November 28, 2013, 12:05:18 PM »
Oops, my mistake. Hey! nice belly pan...

Winter Thunder

« Reply #7 on: November 30, 2013, 11:29:07 PM »
Happy Thanksgiving everyone. The LTD that is talked about is restored and is planning a showing at Pottings Bar, Osceola Wisc. Dec. 7. Along with Prototype. Yes, it is back home. Thanks very much Jim for compliment. But correction on skis, they are Interceptor.

Might have to send some ladies down there for some chicks on sleds pics on that LTD.  That sled is famous for that ya know lol!

kawhead

« Reply #8 on: December 02, 2013, 09:57:26 AM »
all the 81 82 ltds had km speedos......i'd love to see pics of 'proto  :Done'

Interceptor398

• Administrator
« Reply #9 on: December 07, 2013, 07:26:55 PM »
There were 3 VERY nice Kawi's at Poting's Bar today and one LTD according to Winter Thunder is his old sled.  The show was kind of small but considering is was -26 at my place this morning I'm not surprised.

kawhead

« Reply #10 on: December 08, 2013, 09:56:55 AM »
no pics?you re killing me,i ve never seen a pic of that proto.