Author Topic: Oh No  (Read 7109 times)

Drifter

Oh No
« on: January 23, 2013, 11:50:32 AM »
 Oh no one of my o rings on my crank bearings is broken  :'(. It's one of the inside ones,  unlikely to stretch one over the end of the crank and connecting rods.  I can remove one from spare crank outside bearings but would have to cut to put on.  Is there anyway to reconnect or how critical to seal(is it more of a spacer)and to keep outside bearing race from spinning?

It was -22 Celsius this morning here. Brrr!

gixxer6

Re: Oh No
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2013, 12:48:30 PM »
Crank bearing orings???  Are you referring to the center seal orings on an Invader?  If so, they can be stretched, and they are: 

Center Seal O Rings: Kawasaki pn# 92055-3002, Arctic Cat pn# 3001-437 

Drifter

« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2013, 02:17:21 PM »
No it's not an invader. 340 drifter.  The o rings on the outside of the bearing races.  I think there purpose is to keep the outside bearing races from spinning in crankcase but also as a seal between the cylinders?  I would be very surprised if you could stretch it over one end of the crank and up and over the connecting rod.  I will try one tonite when I get home.  I have several spares from second crank.  Thanks for your interest in helping a guy out. :)

Invader440

• Up Norte Dere in Fosston, Mn
    • Curt's Snowmobiling Page
« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2013, 10:00:27 PM »
Yes they can be stretched over the crank.  Soaking new ones in hot water helps also have the wrist pin end of one rod turned so it's as close to the center of the crank as it can get.

Drifter

« Reply #4 on: January 24, 2013, 12:06:22 PM »
I'm back at work this am so didn't have a chance to try stretching one on.  Called my local kawasaki dealer and they said that part was no longer available.  Just called my arctic cat dealer and he has them in stock.  I'll bring in an old one to verify size with him.

Thanks for the pt numbers gixxer6

Drifter

« Reply #5 on: January 24, 2013, 06:22:50 PM »
Looking through the parts manual kawi pt number 92055-504 anyone know how I can find the Arctic Cat number for this?  I'd love to get her running this weekend! 

gixxer6

« Reply #6 on: January 24, 2013, 06:38:55 PM »

Drifter

« Reply #7 on: January 28, 2013, 08:49:15 AM »
Just an update if anyone interested...got the new o rings stretched on.  The hot water trick worked perfect.  New crank seals on,  crankcase sealed up,  stator and flywheel on, pistons on... Now just waiting on the mailman to bring new circlips. 

Not much snow here anyway and supposed to be warm next two days. :-[