Author Topic: Summer pics  (Read 3939 times)

Tory944

• Torys Vintage Sleds
Summer pics
« on: July 27, 2014, 08:20:54 AM »
  Just thought I'd get the blood flowing...
Torys Vintage Sleds

kawhead

Re: Summer pics
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2014, 10:22:55 AM »
nice looking lineup!

rminier

« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2014, 09:29:41 AM »
Wow, what a great group of muscle sleds. Can't wait to see you finish the '81 SRX and add it to the line up. Lemme know what you think regarding my previous post about my '83 Vmax being a bit of a pain to work on after you finish the SRX. Bet you agree the Interceptor, 9700, and Liquifire are much easier, although the Yamaha uses very good quality components. I still remember receiving "SnoGoer" magazine way back when with a sneak peak of the new '81 SRX.... a low, front camera view...looked like a new Romulan Warbird...or maybe a Klingon Battle Cruiser. Really GREAT lookin' sled.
75 SnoJet Astro SS, 79 Kawasaki Invader 440 (two of them), 81 Scorpion Sidewinder, 82 Blizzard 9500, 83 Yamaha Vmax 540, 97 MXZ 670....and holding...for now.

Tory944

• Torys Vintage Sleds
« Reply #3 on: July 28, 2014, 01:09:03 PM »
   Ya, probably need my head examined for taking on the 81' SRX...  I just took three complete bottom ends to my machinist and we had a little chat about them 81' motors.  I won't tell you what he thought.  I am taking the best of everything I have and building one nice sled.  No matter if you are a Kawi fan or not, there's just something about those 81's that scream "muscle" unfortunately with alot of headaches to boot.  The Kawis are "hands down" easiest to work on IMO.  I do have a nice 83' Vmax also and I am in hopes I won't be turning any wrenches on that one.  I wish that Kawi had made it easier to dismantle their crankshafts though...  that's where the Yamaha's were a bit smarter (splined).  Did you notice how much smaller the Interceptor looks next to the Blizzard?  Not to mention there's a 50 lb weight difference!         I AM GOING TO GIVE YOU GUYS SOME GREAT DRAG VIDEOS THIS WINTER!!!  Been working real hard on getting these sleds ready...    also in the mix will be an 83' Indy 600 Triple (first year) for all the Polaris guys to watch.  Thanks for looking!       Tory
Torys Vintage Sleds

jimvw57

« Reply #4 on: July 29, 2014, 09:30:21 AM »
Nice sleds!! I like the extra touch of red on the 'ceptor