Author Topic: 1980 Intruder  (Read 2773 times)

TWIN86GNS

1980 Intruder
« on: April 09, 2013, 06:59:33 PM »
I just thought I would say hi as I joined the forum last week and I am enjoying it.  Last Monday (April 1) I purchased a 1980 Kawasaki Intruder.  I wasn't really in the market for a sled but I saw it for sale and everything just sort of fell into place to make the deal work.  Unfortunately we don't have any snow and I doubt we will until next season so I have only driven it across the grass once, but it does run and drive.

I have started it a number of times and run it with the track in the air just to make sure the speedometer and tach worked and it seems to be running much better than when I first brought it home.  The guy I bought it from said the fuel was old and I believe him so I am going to put some fresh fuel with Stabil in it to let it sit for the summer.

I always like these old Kawasaki sleds since they were new.  Back in 1981 (I think) my Dad bought a brand new 1980 Drifter 340 F/A that I rode for a number of years.  Now I have a 1980 Intruder to play with and something to get me out ice fishing.   :)

I'm looking forward to participating in this forum. 
Paul Beal
pbeal@sympatico.ca

Keswick, Ontario, Canada

Lloyd (ljm)

Re: 1980 Intruder
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2013, 03:43:25 AM »

Welcome
77 SST
78 Intruder
79 340 Invader
80 440 Invader
80 Drifter (bought new)