Author Topic: 80 Invader hard start  (Read 2131 times)

ewachk

80 Invader hard start
« on: February 03, 2016, 02:22:20 PM »
I have an 80 Invader 440 that I went through and did the carbs. Had to replace needle and seats. new belt and set deflection up nice. Took it out for a ride and it seems to load up if you are on an incline with no throttle on and it quits. Also starting warm you need to hold it about half throttle or even give it a pump on the primer and it takes about 4-5 pulls everytime. Thought I had the belt too tight but that seemed to be ok after I rode it 30 miles or so. Dont think its the crank seals as my plugs are burning a nice light brown. I have a 78 that I did the same thing too and it runs perfect. Compression is an even 150# so thats not it either. Any ideas?

gixxer6

Re: 80 Invader hard start
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2016, 02:36:07 PM »
If the crank seals haven't been done you might be chasing your tail...

Check your choke seals and adjustment.  Check for a bad fuel pump by looking for fuel in the pulse line. 

Checkmarks

Re: 80 Invader hard start
« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2016, 01:19:15 AM »
There is a "I don't think its the seals" and then there is the "I know the seals are not the problem", which do you have?

Gix makes a good point chasing tail.  With a Kawasaki sled, know your seals are good.  Save yourself from frustrations.