Author Topic: Drifter lights won't work  (Read 2745 times)

Scottyboy

Drifter lights won't work
« on: December 12, 2012, 08:12:20 PM »

I can't get my lights to work. Just the brake light works. I cleaned all the connections with contact spray. None of the wires appear to be loose or corroded. the bulbs look good. I'm not sure if everything is connected properly to the circuit board. It appears to be. Referring to the manual ,it does not show the connections on the circuit board. Could it be the lighting coil? Why would I only have a brake light? Anyone have an idea whats up?

gixxer6

Re: Drifter lights won't work
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2012, 06:53:44 AM »
Being that only your brake light is working, I would suspect one of two things.  Either the voltage regulator went bad and blew all of your bulbs at high RPM (all but the brake light because its not on at high RPM).  Or more likely that you have a bad key switch.  The key switch has three positions, off, on w/lights, and on with out lights.  First make sure that the key is in the correct postion.  Then you can either try another switch, or jumper the RED/YELLOW wire to the YELLOW/RED wire on the back of the switch. 

Scottyboy

Re: Drifter lights won't work
« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2012, 04:28:07 PM »
The ignition switch was disconnected because it's worn out. I didn't think the switch would have anything to do with the lights. I'm going to install a new switch and see if that solves it.
Thanks gixxer 6