Author Topic: Be careful of this  (Read 1630 times)

Ameritude

Be careful of this
« on: September 22, 2021, 05:23:10 PM »
I dont know if this is common or even somthing to worry about, but my lower cooling pipe had a badly warped bottom flange and because of this it leaked when coolent was put in. To fix this, I tried to remake the gasket with a thicker material to remedy the un-even surface but when i started tightening it down, the flange snapped. P.s I also tried to lightly file the surface to get rid of the divit, but was a afraid of taking to much material off and having a huge "equal" gap.

mswyka

Re: Be careful of this
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2021, 07:21:32 AM »
That is unfortunate.  I have never seen one wacked out of alignment before.  Let me know if you need another one.  We should have a few laying around.
Intruders:  1978, 1979, 1981 Custom (Pink)
Invaders:   1980 440
Projects:    1981 Invader 440

gixxer6

« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2021, 08:12:21 AM »
First time I've seen this as well.  I also have a dozen or so laying around and can help with one too. 

Ameritude

« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2021, 09:13:06 AM »
I very much appreciate the offers. As soon as I broke it I found one on ebay and ordered it. It already arrived and it seems to work fine. Thankyou again though

Interceptor398

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: September 23, 2021, 09:27:50 PM »
Back a long time ago in a galaxy far far away I had a similar problem.  On my first rebuild of an Invader motor I torqued the jugs and then added the coolant pipe to the jugs.  Long story short the coolant pipe would not bolt up flat and I had to reset the jugs.  Now I get the assembly kind of put together before I torque the jugs.