Author Topic: A couple questions???  (Read 1222 times)

Rollingmenace

A couple questions???
« on: November 26, 2020, 10:07:52 AM »
Happy Thanksgiving !! Have two questions looking for advice...

1) have a 78 intruder I plan on ice racing.. one of the class rules is that motor numbers need to be able to be read. WELL I was cleaning up the fan shroud in the parts washer needless to say it dissolved the printing on the motor plate... what are my options here does anyone make reproductions or should I just look into a new fan shroud. Would anyone be willing to sell just a motor plate???

2) 78 invader 340 .. looks like this thing sat submerged in a swamp for a few years.. got motor free and apart it doesn’t look too bad... but I have a frozen spindle.. the ski is so rusted and frozen I’m going to have to cut off. does anyone have any tips or tricks for getting spindle free...  what about a new spindle any of you guys have a spare for sale???

gixxer6

Re: A couple questions???
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2020, 10:25:15 AM »
Not sure how to get the old spindle out, maybe a big hammer?  Or heat cycle it with a torch? 

I do have a couple extra spindles.  Send me a PM

Ameritude

« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2020, 12:41:29 PM »
What did the engine tag say exactly, I can check with my guy to see if he'd give me one that I could send ya.

Interceptor398

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: November 26, 2020, 03:05:16 PM »
Spray the spindle with some penetrating oil and let it sit for a day and use a rubber hammer to persuade it to move. With the steering arm on it will move a little easyer?  Might take a few days but it will start to move.