Author Topic: Should I or Shouldn't I?  (Read 2185 times)

Metalman

Should I or Shouldn't I?
« on: January 01, 2014, 11:44:53 AM »
Happy New Year Everyone!
 I got the hood back for the 79 TOC Invader replica I have been working on. I changed one thing on the hood and had the "440 Invader" decal behind the windshield done in Kawi green instead of champagne.
 The issue I am having is since this is not a real TOC sled should I have  "Tournament of Champions" striped on the hood or put something else in it's place?
 I was thinking of putting something like "Vintage Madness" in place of TOC.
 Thanks to Nate at Snowflyers for doing a great job on decals for me!

Opinions? :D

Thanks!

750-h2

Re: Should I or Shouldn't I?
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2014, 07:14:38 PM »
If it was me I would make an exact replica of the originals. Having said that I would make sure to say it was a TRIBUTE sled if anyone ever asked.

jimvw57

« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2014, 09:53:47 PM »
If it is supposed to be an exact replica of a TOC sled,  then make it the same. If it is for your enjoyment, do what makes you happy.

Checkmarks

« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2014, 01:44:03 AM »
Tournament of Champions (TOC) or Tournament of Clones (TOC) it only depends what you represent.  Build three or four machines and have your friends over for live TOC racing.

Making a clone, make it look real. The endpoint goal was to create a replica.

That is a almost really cool clone, does that sound funny?

The function of the TOC races was to evaluate driver performance and distinguish the better racer, if there was any.

What makes the sled pretty for you?  Is your sled worth any more money one way or the other?  You built this sled for yourself and was not commissioned to build it for someone else?