Tech Information > General Help

Shock for Vari Ride

(1/3) > >>

Vader:
The Kimpex 04-269 is discontinued, and the parts distributor now lists 04-269-01 for Invader 78-81. Previously, 04-269 was listed only for 78-80. (excluded Vari Ride) The closed and open lengths are longer for this shock vs 04-269, and the eyes are 29/32 on both ends. It looks to be the same as SPI SU-04282. Is it useable with the longer lengths? If so, how do I get a rubber bushing and spacer into the eye on one end?

Vader:
Okay, just had a look at a vari ride parts diagram and I see how the shock mounts now. I was confused because now I realize that the 81 parts sled I picked up had a ski shock in the suspension and one end had the rubber bushing.

Vader:
And this is the suspension from my "good" 81 Invader. The lower shock mount was moved forward on the slide rails, and the upper mount was heavily butchered, moving the upper mounting point. The limiter strap mounting point was also moved. I had assumed this was done to fit some random shock in there. The last pic is the shock that was in the parts sled vari ride.

gixxer6:
Are you going to try the SPI SU-04282? 

Vader:
I guess so, seems to be the only game in town. I'll put the proper arm, install the shock in the original mounting locations, then install the suspension without springs and cycle it thru full motion to make sure the shock doesn't run out of travel.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version