Author Topic: my new oval racer... needs more go fast parts  (Read 12387 times)

Mister Twister

my new oval racer... needs more go fast parts
« on: November 29, 2012, 09:16:39 PM »
Just picked this up. 78 invader. motor is all stock still so it needs some help to keep up with the big boys on the twisters and SRX's I have to run with at Long Lake. Or I need to keep it minimum and run ORA stock class.

JosephNiemi

Re: my new oval racer... needs more go fast parts
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2012, 01:16:21 PM »
all i got for the invader is the stock engine.  cool to see more kawi's in north branch.
Interceptor #453
Interceptor #575
'78 Invader 440 #679

Trucker

« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2012, 03:13:14 PM »
I have all kinds of parts that could help you out. I am 20 miles west of St cloud.

gixxer6

« Reply #3 on: December 02, 2012, 09:47:10 AM »
Nice sled!  I like the green belly pan...You don't see that very often. 

Mister Twister

« Reply #4 on: December 02, 2012, 07:21:12 PM »
I have all kinds of parts that could help you out. I am 20 miles west of St cloud.

I was there yesterday and picked up a complete sled with the 4/6 quad plug LTD engine and stock twin pipes. Has to be better than what i have now. Would you have any aftermarket twin pipes that work with this engine? Other than that, what else do you recommend to hop this thing up a bit? Running mod stock in ORA and Mod4 at long lake. THat's where I really have my homework to do. Lots of sleds with way more HP and big $$$$ builds there, but that's the only class a 440 liquid twin leafer fits. Running with twisters, SRX's, and even some modern powered leafers like an XCR800 powered TXL!!

Trucker

« Reply #5 on: December 02, 2012, 08:35:40 PM »
I do not know the rules but i do have shaved heads and all kinds of clutch parts

Winter Thunder

« Reply #6 on: December 05, 2012, 09:37:45 PM »
Just picked this up. 78 invader. motor is all stock still so it needs some help to keep up with the big boys on the twisters and SRX's I have to run with at Long Lake. Or I need to keep it minimum and run ORA stock class.

That one just on craigslist the other week?  Cool sled.

Paul John Vanderweerd

« Reply #7 on: January 02, 2013, 12:23:52 PM »
The sled I run around with is a Kawasaki invader with a 4/6 in it. I have installed Aaen pipes and 38mm mikunis. I am pretty good with clutches and carbs so when tuned proper it really flies. We went out this weeked and I raced a buddy's 2007 yamaha Nytro. He pulled 3 lengths off the start and than couldn't pull away till we reached the end of the field. We hit about 75mph. Motor is original, no porting, are shaving heads. I'm new to the sight but will add photos soon. 

fast-ice05x

« Reply #8 on: January 05, 2013, 08:42:21 AM »
My 79 Oval Is Running 36s without the power jet bottoms 78 Single Pipe and running UNI Pod Filters The only Trouble I had Running with the Yamahas is mine would start to Vapor Lock so cut Extra Holes In Back Of Hood Prob Fixed !!! The LTD Twin Pipes Add Weight And Don't Help Much [ IMO ]

Mister Twister

« Reply #9 on: January 05, 2013, 08:42:57 PM »
What are you running for clutcing on the ovals? Had mine out the other day and the backshift sucks and it seems like it just kicks in all of a sudden and goes nowhere for a few seconds like a rubber band winding up. Then takes off like mad. Need to get it figured out to run it.

fast-ice05x

« Reply #10 on: January 06, 2013, 11:28:20 AM »
Stock Kaw Clutch comes in around 4200 Is your secondary getting stuck open ?

invader87

« Reply #11 on: January 08, 2013, 10:22:11 PM »
Several things to try that have worked good for me. It will depend on what the rules are though.

Shave heads
38 mm carbs

Twin pipes (pref aaen not ltd)
Aaen spec porting

I also ran 38mm carbs with the aaen porting with ltd pipes on the orange sled before I got the aaens and she went pretty good. I could run right with an mxz 700 up to 60 - 70 ish.

It all depends. These r just a few of the things I have tried.

Mister Twister

« Reply #12 on: January 12, 2013, 03:46:23 PM »
Thanks for the input guys. I can run any clutches I want and currently have a 102c on it that is in good shape as of the last time I checked it out. But secondary I have not spent any time looking at. It's on my list after I get the new track and drive bearings back in my 76 RV. And with the thaw all last week, not much riding going to be happening here for a while.

The Great Jashu

« Reply #13 on: January 17, 2013, 06:31:46 PM »

Mad Kaw

« Reply #14 on: January 17, 2013, 06:45:59 PM »
lol @ 1:42 (ouch)

GREAT ditch-bang vid!!!