Author Topic: my new oval racer... needs more go fast parts  (Read 12337 times)

Mister Twister

Re: my new oval racer... needs more go fast parts
« Reply #15 on: January 17, 2013, 09:48:46 PM »
Yep, that would be it in the vid. That was done by the previous owner. He's a little more nuts than me I think.

The Great Jashu

« Reply #16 on: January 18, 2013, 08:41:57 AM »
I knew it looked familiar. Its a one of a kind look. Seems quite fast.

swedefire

« Reply #17 on: January 20, 2013, 12:08:29 PM »
What seat is that you have on it? Looks good!

Mister Twister

« Reply #18 on: January 20, 2013, 01:29:16 PM »
It defintely hauls the mail. Unfortunately still not good enough for the class I run. Trying to compete with SRX's, Twisters, and the like. It is a Skidoo RV seat on it recovered. Would still like to get a set of better skis for it and some better bars. Can't quite get leaned over as far as I'd like on it.

Question for you guys on carbs too. I have a set ov 38MM miks on it without the power jets. 320 mains run perfect with the stock exhaust. Anyone got the same setup on one with twin pipes? I've got the 4/6 twins fitted in there but don't want to burn it down.

sprocket

« Reply #19 on: February 02, 2013, 10:50:18 AM »
Yep, that would be it in the vid. That was done by the previous owner. He's a little more nuts than me I think.
I watched that video last night for the first time I thought it was kind of sissy (slow) my old Johnson was faster than that sled and that was a 71' pete sakes. Now go fast parts aren't cheap. If you are racing this sled in superstock there is a lot of things you can do & there is even more things you can do for the supermod classes, choose your class and build it.

Mister Twister

« Reply #20 on: September 28, 2013, 09:05:56 PM »
Sprocket, been a while since I've been on here. Business has been crazy since spring and am just now going to be getting to my invader to start getting work done to it. Hope you are recovered from your crash last year and that your shark is getting back to running order. After comparing options and talking with Mark I may just use ne of his SRX's on the weekends he isn't to run ovals and build this one for drags instead. Had it at Waconia and was actually competitive minus a little clutching work in the stock class. Got to get a motor built and ready to drop in, and a new set of skis, and then I will be ready I think.   :-\