Author Topic: Oil Pump Adjustment WOT  (Read 3016 times)

discus

Oil Pump Adjustment WOT
« on: February 03, 2014, 08:44:06 AM »
I just put some Mikunis on a 550 motor. I used a Indy 500 cable like others have done. My question is where should the oil pump lever be at WOT? I don't have the original setup to look at. I have it set so it is just setting on the pin at idle, I'm just not sure how many degrees it should rotate to be considered in the full throttle position. The manual only talks about the throttle "closed off position" and that it should be on the pin. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I want to be sure I'm feeding this thing with what it needs.

Cheers

kawhead

Re: Oil Pump Adjustment WOT
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2014, 08:52:07 AM »
thats how 387 is set up....i came off the pin a little, a little rich on oil is good, spark plugs are cheap,i don't know if its going full stroke,for sure ,so an early start cant hurt.imo

discus

Re: Oil Pump Adjustment WOT
« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2014, 09:07:56 AM »
If someone with the a stock setup could take look and reply that would be really great. A pic would be even better. I'm nervous without knowing. There is another stop pin for full open on the pump, but I'm not sure if it would be possible to get that much stroke, or if the stock setup even could get it there.