General Category > General Discussion

First Outing for the Season

<< < (2/4) > >>

mswyka:
Years ago, many years ago, at the end of February I was lamenting to my uncle that the season was coming to an end.  He made a comment that I didn't really believe at the time, saying that we still had the month of March.  And remarkably we did and had a great snow season that year.  The snow falling outside my window takes me back to that year and my uncle's words.  This is shaping up to be a remarkable March.

Interceptor398:
I heard our first Robin of the season yesterday and we just 2 days before got another 9 inches of snow.  This winter has been an old fashioned one where we run out of places to put it. All we can do is make the piles higher.

mswyka:
Last Outing of the Season.  I would not have called this a particularly good snow year here in NY, but with snow hanging on to the end of March I guess I cannot really complain.  Had our last outing on Friday.  Sleds are now headed for a tune-up and then a long summer nap.

Interceptor398:
We got 8 inches more snow last night.  This riding season has been better than most for my area.

mswyka:

--- Quote from: Interceptor398 on April 01, 2023, 07:48:46 PM ---We got 8 inches more snow last night.  This riding season has been better than most for my area.

--- End quote ---

Wow, that is great to still be getting storms this late in the season.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version