Author Topic: Intruder Oval Racer  (Read 2474 times)

The Great Jashu

Intruder Oval Racer
« on: October 26, 2014, 04:51:16 PM »

I am in the process of building a 79 Intruder for oval racing and am looking for info from anyone who has built one, or has experience with this. Invaders are what I have spent all my time on. Similar, but different. The motor is getting redone with crank seals and top end. As for carbs, I have a set of VM 32s that would be stock. Should I jump to 36 pj's or 38's? The only other change I have heard is Polaris clutches.

Since I have removed the oil injection (its an Intruder so it will be ok).  The oil resivoir will now hold the slide lube.

Also in the process of re-doing the hood. Cut the headlight housing off and re-fiberglassed the top back in flat like an Invader. But, saved the vent from the top of the light and put that back in place.

Any ideas?

It will get ice picks and carbides, since the oval tracks here are all ice.

The Great Jashu

Re: Intruder Oval Racer
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2014, 10:46:26 AM »
This will be for vintage races. They are getting quite popular here. More and more races popping up each year. Pretty excited! Started painting the hood today, will finish it this week. The engine should be ready soon. Hoping for a nice cold ice making winter. 8)

sprocket

« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2014, 07:24:47 PM »
Depending on what rules you have to follow by, build it according to the rules. I'd port n polish the engine along with making a new jack shaft allowing to run a Polaris or a AC clutch also gearing the same to a Polaris or AC you have to measure what size of seal & bearing will work good luck

jimvw57

« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2014, 08:32:02 AM »
Strange side note, I ran across an Invader hood with an Intruder headlight bonded to it Funny what some people do when they have too much time on their hands.