Author Topic: Interceptor Belly Pan Vent & Rear Compartment Door (Seat) Kawi Logo  (Read 7814 times)

Tory944

• Torys Vintage Sleds
  So, I know all you Interceptor guys know what I am talking about here...  the vents fall off and the seat logos always seem to mysteriously disappear.  I know these are hard to find, but any leads would be great!  I'll make it worth your time to take a look.  Can't say I didn't try. ???  Many Thanks.
Torys Vintage Sleds

gixxer6

Re: Interceptor Belly Pan Vent & Rear Compartment Door (Seat) Kawi Logo
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2014, 07:19:00 AM »
I see there's someone on vintagesleds selling an Interceptor seat and some parts, maybe check with him?  Good luck! 

Tory944

• Torys Vintage Sleds
« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2014, 09:23:28 AM »
Thanks...  I've talked with Jon before...   he's got nothing.  Thanks for your "Eagle Eyes".  Will keep lookin'
Torys Vintage Sleds

Interceptor398

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2014, 09:27:56 AM »
I sent you a PM. ;)

Tory944

• Torys Vintage Sleds
« Reply #4 on: December 04, 2014, 09:31:41 AM »
PM Sent
Torys Vintage Sleds

kawhead

« Reply #5 on: December 04, 2014, 05:01:08 PM »
that seat was gone by 8 am...@#$

5kaws

« Reply #6 on: December 04, 2014, 05:45:32 PM »
There's a set of aaens for the 550 on eBay right now ...... I'm sure you have seen them tho.
Will those pipes work for the 82ltd440 also?

gixxer6

« Reply #7 on: December 04, 2014, 06:33:49 PM »
The Aaen pipes are local pickup only, no shipping. 

The LTD and 550 Aaen pipes have different part numbers, but should physically fit. 

5kaws

« Reply #8 on: December 04, 2014, 06:38:39 PM »
Well it says free shipping to the lower 48 states from it says??? I Looked twice lol.
Ya I thought the pipes look the sane in the pics just wasn't 100%
I might get them not sure yet tho. 

Tory944

• Torys Vintage Sleds
« Reply #9 on: December 04, 2014, 06:41:19 PM »
Ya, I tried to find the seat right after Gixxer had mentioned it this a.m. and it was gone.

As for the Aaen pipes on ebay...  be warned...  I don't think those are for the Interceptor.  The set I had made from Aaen had a pronounced "step" in the chamber.  Those pipes do not have the step.  I wonder if the seller knows what he is selling.  The chambers look small...  I am gonna guess Invader pipes.  Unless the Interceptor chamber configuration changed somewhere along the line (which they shouldn't) a smart man should stay clear of those.  IMO.  The only reason I know is because I had a set made from Aaen. 
Torys Vintage Sleds

Tory944

• Torys Vintage Sleds
« Reply #10 on: December 04, 2014, 06:45:08 PM »
  They will fit (but not out the stock exit holes).  You have to cut your bellypan!  The Interceptor chambers are larger than the LTD's.  I have a set of Aaen LTD pipes and the reason the part numbers are different is because "they are different".  Don't get me going on Aaen pipes fo Kawis. >:(
Torys Vintage Sleds

5kaws

« Reply #11 on: December 04, 2014, 07:17:59 PM »
Thanks
your right!
It's probably best to keep her stock and original anyways .....

Tory944

• Torys Vintage Sleds
« Reply #12 on: December 04, 2014, 07:33:54 PM »
 ;)
Torys Vintage Sleds

discus

« Reply #13 on: December 05, 2014, 06:55:07 PM »
Those are my pipes. If you have questions just please ask. I took them to Aaen last year to have them fit into my Deere chassis. They said they were Interceptor pipes. Olav gave me a great price on fabbing up a new set right in the sled, so I went with that. I have no idea what "step" is being mentioned on here. I guess make your own decision. They came with a 550 motor I purchased. The pipe belly's are 4.5" in diameter and 7" long, same as the ones Aaen fabbed up for me and those pipes work great. I've included a pic of the pipes they made for the Deere for reference.

« Last Edit: December 05, 2014, 07:36:07 PM by discus »

Tory944

• Torys Vintage Sleds
« Reply #14 on: December 06, 2014, 05:59:18 AM »
  There is no need to ask questions.  Let me tell you a little story about Aaen Performance...   I've had many pipes made from them.  You know Elana?  The secretary?  Nice lady.  You talked with Olav?  Nice guy.  Did he give you a spec sheet on those pipes?  Raise the exhaust port 2mm...  widen 1 mm?? How about a serial number...  Did he measure the chamber o.d?  You realize he isn't the one who actually builds the pipes he sells.  I bet he told you to run them at 9250.  Have you ever put those pipes on a run at Dynotech?  They don't make power.  You will lose power.  They shed weight and sound good, that's about it.  I've been dealing with Aaen and their "kawasaki" pipes for quite some time.  Don't believe me?  Want a few more names?  Yes, you can make your own decisions...  whether you want to run those pipes as Interceptor pipes.  I have a set of Interceptor pipes on my bench right now and they are physically not the same as the ones listed.   Just talked with a guy the other day from Wyoming who races Interceptors (very knowledgeable) and hasn't had luck making power with their pipes either.  I looked at the pipes listed on ebay...   the step "increase" should be where the front tube blends with the center chamber.  In other words, the Invader and Liquifire chamber should be "smaller" than that of the Interceptor.  Without part number stamping and comparable pipes it just turns into a "he said she said" battle.
   Here's the thing...  I don't pretend to have all answers.  What I can tell you is I do have some experience with those pipes and tuning Interceptors.  I've had Aeen pipes on my Liquifire and Invaders also.  In fact , I have a set of Aaen LTD pipes in the garage right now.  Been there, done that.  If you don't what to believe me, that's fine...  good luck with the sale! 
   By the way, nice pic!  Looks right at home in there...       
Torys Vintage Sleds