Author Topic: An Indiana vintage sled ride? Good stuff!  (Read 1697 times)

rminier

An Indiana vintage sled ride? Good stuff!
« on: December 13, 2014, 08:51:33 AM »
A few weeks ago I received the Nov. Issue of "SnowGoer"...with the 2015 sled of the year..Poo Axys...on the cover.....what a pile of junk....jus' kiddin  8) In this issue was a cool article about a "vintage" ride in NY state. Glancing at the sidebar I saw listed a scheduled vintage ride at the Salamonie trails (near Peru, In...bout an hour from here) on Jan. 24, 2015. (The same weekend as Waconia....oh well...on my "bucket list"!)  I have visited the "Indiana Vintage" website a couple times...not a particularly active site..but cool, nonetheless..I'm sendin' in 30 bucks for a family membership. I need to get "involved". I doo have a few vintage sleds!!!! don't I? I don't have any great illusions about this....the chances of rideable snow are maybe 50/50?. It's not like we ever develope a huge base of snow to work with....but my "kudos" to those involved. I haven't ridden any Indiana trails yet...but it's all good. All of you "deadbeats" out there in "Indiana Kawiland" take note....Let's be there....I intend to. I have my son's holding that date open. Hope for "SNOW"!!
75 SnoJet Astro SS, 79 Kawasaki Invader 440 (two of them), 81 Scorpion Sidewinder, 82 Blizzard 9500, 83 Yamaha Vmax 540, 97 MXZ 670....and holding...for now.