Author Topic: Overheating problem.  (Read 3372 times)

rminier

Overheating problem.
« on: December 11, 2014, 03:09:54 PM »
No, not my sleds...the dang WEATHER! Predicted highs of 50 degrees this coming Sunday and Monday. I know, still 10 days until official 1st day of winter...patience. Looks pretty bleak throughout most of Midwest. Tory, looks like Northeast is getting dumped on with a lot of snow...hope you're havin' a great time! I may have to think about retiring in a few years to someplace like Gaylord or Traverse City, Michigan...both gorgeous areas...while most folks my age are thinking about Florida....ugghh. Oh well, guess I will just take a "chill pill" for now. ;D
75 SnoJet Astro SS, 79 Kawasaki Invader 440 (two of them), 81 Scorpion Sidewinder, 82 Blizzard 9500, 83 Yamaha Vmax 540, 97 MXZ 670....and holding...for now.

foxspoiler

Re: Overheating problem.
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2014, 04:17:38 PM »
my sentiments too. I live north of the twin cities Minn. and might have to move up to the porkypine mts. in the U.P. am retired so not a whole lot holding me here. I think if I were to become a snowbird and go south it would kill me.

Tory944

• Torys Vintage Sleds
« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2014, 04:35:23 PM »
No snow left here...  been raining for three days straight...  more rain for the next two.  Temps in the high 30's to 40.  The lakes were just starting to freeze and now they are completely open. >:(  Winter just isn't what it used to be...  soo unpredictable.  Look on the bright side - it gives us more time to work on them!!!! :o
Torys Vintage Sleds

gixxer6

« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2014, 05:58:16 PM »
I live near and work in Traverse City Michigan, if you want to retire somewhere where there's snow, you should look further north!  We've go a couple inches on the ground, but mid forties and rain in the next few days.   :(  It is a nice area though! 

Interceptor398

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: December 12, 2014, 07:38:47 AM »
Warm here in NW Wisconsin too.  30's today and 40's for the weekend.

sledhead16

« Reply #5 on: December 12, 2014, 04:00:42 PM »
Yup Hi 40's this weekend here in Southern MN :o

kawhead

« Reply #6 on: December 13, 2014, 08:49:05 AM »
around 50 forcast for n ia on sunday....if it would stop raining i'd get the ragtop out 8)

rminier

« Reply #7 on: December 13, 2014, 10:22:25 AM »
I'm reminded of a conversation that took place MANY years ago one night trailside around Grayling, Michigan. Long enough ago that my main rider was still the Invader. My partners in crime and I were discussing the relative merits of sleds vs. jetskis. We laughed at how boring jetskis must be running across a flat lake compared to the amazing terrain one encounters with a sled. I now own 3 skiis that my kids have enjoyed immensely. I failed to take into account one simple thing......BIKINIS....Ya just don't see too many BIKINIS on a snowmobile trail. Hard to believe I missed that fact in my youth! ???
75 SnoJet Astro SS, 79 Kawasaki Invader 440 (two of them), 81 Scorpion Sidewinder, 82 Blizzard 9500, 83 Yamaha Vmax 540, 97 MXZ 670....and holding...for now.

Tory944

• Torys Vintage Sleds
« Reply #8 on: December 13, 2014, 04:47:36 PM »
At least you've got your priorities straightened out NOW! 8)              SKIMPY BIKINIS :P
Torys Vintage Sleds