Author Topic: Accelerator diaphragms  (Read 3068 times)

Mark Hill

Accelerator diaphragms
« on: January 09, 2015, 11:52:53 AM »
Anyone have info or Harley part nos for accelerator pump diaphragms on interceptor carbs ? Thanks. 
 Saw where panhead posted part nos but is there any other option an what modification has to be done to make em work ?
« Last Edit: January 09, 2015, 12:17:18 PM by Mark Hill »

mswyka

Re: Accelerator diaphragms
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2015, 05:55:43 PM »
A few years back we had an Interceptor whose accelerator diaphragms had been disconnected.  In our search to restore the carbs I contacted Keihin - 262-860-6000.  They told me that the carbs used on the Interceptor were no longer available but that they were from a family of carbs that were interchangeable and suggested that I replace theem with H/D 27001-88A.  We also found that the bowls from the LTD carbs would fit on the Interceptor.  The LTD carbs have the check valve in the bowl while the Interceptor had the check valve in the diaphragm.  With the LTD swap diaphrams can still be obtained.  I can't find my notes but had the part number for the diphragms.  These same carbs are used on Harleys and can be picked up at most Harley dealers.  Lastly it looks like 38mm Mikuni carbs can be swapped in. We have Mikunis on all the other sleds and generally don't have any problem with them.
« Last Edit: January 09, 2015, 06:02:32 PM by mswyka »
Intruders:  1978, 1979, 1981 Custom (Pink)
Invaders:   1980 440
Projects:    1981 Invader 440

Mark Hill

Re: Accelerator diaphragms
« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2015, 07:31:37 PM »
Thanx for the helpful info , I know I could make the mikuni swap but would like to keep it original since the sled isn't road a lot  an I don't like the looks of changing out the throttle block in order for the cable that would pull the mikuni slides . Thanx again !