Author Topic: 79 invader help please!!!!!!  (Read 2325 times)

jaymac2009

79 invader help please!!!!!!
« on: January 16, 2015, 07:31:06 AM »
HI have a 79 invader with the 440 the carbs are good and so is the fuel pump why am I leaking raw fuel from my exhaust manifold please help

Tory944

• Torys Vintage Sleds
Re: 79 invader help please!!!!!!
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2015, 11:18:49 AM »
Sounds like one of your carburetor float needle sticking or a faulty fuel pump.   I've had fuel pumps that when go bad, will not only pump fuel into the carburetors, but also pump fuel into the base.  Take your plugs out and pull the engine over.  If you have raw fuel spitting out of the plug holes...   your base is probably full of fuel.  You can ruin an engine in short order with fuel in the base.  The raw fuel leaking from your exhaust manifold is likely fuel that is running into the engine (combustion chamber) through a faulty carburetor or pump.  Also, pull your crankcase vacuum hose off the base and see if fuel is spitting out of the nipple when you pull the engine over.
Torys Vintage Sleds

jaymac2009

« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2015, 02:40:09 PM »
Is there a drain plug on the motor anywhere. ..im new to kawasaki  engines and have never been good with carburated engines

Tory944

• Torys Vintage Sleds
« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2015, 03:28:15 PM »
If you have fuel in the base, you will need to disconnect the impulse line that runs from your crankcase to your fuel pump.  Pull the plugs and pull the engine over until you don't see any more fuel shooting out of the impulse fitting (on crankcase).  Also, check your muffler...   you might need to empty raw fuel from the pipe.  There is no "drain" in the case.  The only drain is under the front y pipe and that is only to drain the antifreeze.
Torys Vintage Sleds

jaymac2009

« Reply #4 on: January 16, 2015, 03:43:31 PM »
Ok ill try that