Author Topic: Expectations of a Vintage Sled - after rebuild  (Read 7906 times)

Macs80hp440

Re: Expectations of a Vintage Sled - after rebuild
« Reply #15 on: January 27, 2015, 06:59:01 PM »
Nice comments folks.  I never meant for this to become a bash on modern sleds or those who ride them.  Like most of you, I appreciate the value of keeping an old machine running, and running well.  The fact that relatively few people try this, and even fewer accomplish it makes it more of a personal challenge.  Additionally, being much cheaper to accomplish (compared to modern sleds) makes it more friendly to the budget.

Modern sleds also have value, especially to the 'ol joints.  Even though I let a few "modern" comments get to me, I neglected to mention the "modern" riders who go out of their way to start a conversation with you at the bar or at the gas pump.  I like it when the young'uns show value to the old sport, and the old boys don't forget where they came from, eh. 

This old boy plans to keep his old machines running as best they can.  But still jump on my "modern" twenty year old sleds for the long rides.

As for power- horsepower is indeed one way.  It's human nature I guess.  But once in awhile I like to take a U-turn.
--------------------------------------------
'73 Scorpion Super Stinger 440 (White - 2nd Owner)
'78 Invader 440 (rebuild)
'79 Invader 440 (rebuild)
'77 Sno Jet SST 440 (2nd Owner)
'76 Rupp Rally