Author Topic: 79 Invader seat cover help  (Read 14490 times)

gixxer6

Re: 79 Invader seat cover help
« Reply #30 on: March 28, 2015, 06:48:14 PM »
There was a member from Canada a few years back that was making replacement seat bases out of fiberglass with wood inlaid around the edges to have something to staple to.  They also had stainless t-nuts on each corner for mounting.  I bought a couple for my projects.  They are really nice. 

Interceptor398

• Administrator
« Reply #31 on: March 28, 2015, 06:52:48 PM »
There was a member from Canada a few years back that was making replacement seat bases out of fiberglass with wood inlaid around the edges to have something to staple to.  They also had stainless t-nuts on each corner for mounting.  I bought a couple for my projects.  They are really nice.

I sent him an email to check on availability.

IraqvetUSMC

« Reply #32 on: March 28, 2015, 11:14:45 PM »
That would be awsome if he was still making the bases. The wood inlay is a great idea.

Interceptor398

• Administrator
« Reply #33 on: March 29, 2015, 08:10:43 AM »
I got a reply from him and he said he would come here in the next few weeks with an update on the bases.

IraqvetUSMC

« Reply #34 on: March 29, 2015, 10:32:57 PM »
Sounds good, just let me know price and availability. Thanks

jimvw57

« Reply #35 on: April 01, 2015, 01:35:55 AM »
Been gone for awhile, but I have done a few seats and an air stapler will do the trick. also best to do the recovering on a warm sunny day to help stretching the material. The best jobs I have done were using the cover from Image Enterprise. Fit was good and it has lasted a long time.
Attaching the seat to the sled , I found the easiest way is to run a couple of self drilling screws with the hex heads through the tunnel and into the seat plastic along the outside edge of the tunnel. Use a long extension and a good screw driver gun.  Next time you need to remove the seats, just break off the screws and use some new ones. It doesn't take much to hold the seat in place and rebuilding the corners with welded nuts takes time and will still be prone to rust as that is where the snow and ice ends up under the tunnel.  2 screws per side does the trick just fine.

IraqvetUSMC

« Reply #36 on: April 02, 2015, 06:08:45 AM »
That sounds easier to attach the seat by just going to a different location under the pan and screwing in self taping screws into the seat base, may come down to that lol. I would use a SS bolt and nut and cake it with antiseize and hope for the best if I welded the nut on.