Author Topic: A light blue haze...  (Read 4764 times)

jimvw57

A light blue haze...
« on: December 01, 2012, 02:20:27 PM »
Got around to firing up the sleds this morning, got some of the 'Good Stuff' gasoline (without ethanol and even has lead in it) and they both fired right up with a bit of smoke to kill off the last of those pesky mosquitoes. Even remembered to uncork the exhaust this time before pulling them over. So now they are ready for a trip over to West Concord next Saturday for a little pre-season playing. Hope we get some snow....

Had to put the charger on the Intruder's battery but it started just fine with a low battery. Measured at 11.7 volts. Started on the second pull..   8) 8)

bryan_damone

Re: A light blue haze...
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2012, 12:06:22 PM »

Do you run a primer? I'm jealous of your two pulls to start at the beginning of the season. I don't have a primer and when I refill a drained fuel system it takes many, many pulls before the pump, bowls, etc. are full.   

jimvw57

« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2012, 12:41:13 AM »
If you have an Invader, yeah.. you'll be pulling for awhile without a primer.  The fuel pump doesn't start pumping fuel until there is enough vacuum to operate the anti-siphon valve built into the fuel pump.  Thus the need for a primer. Once the carbs are full of fuel, you don't need them so much.

If my sleds don't start on the first or second pull, then they need fixin'.

Winter Thunder

« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2012, 09:35:49 PM »
So now they are ready for a trip over to West Concord next Saturday for a little pre-season playing. Hope we get some snow....

See ya there Jim.

Interceptor398

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: December 06, 2012, 08:37:47 AM »
If my sleds don't start on the first or second pull, then they need fixin'.

A little tongue  in cheek there Jimmer??

jimvw57

« Reply #5 on: December 06, 2012, 12:40:31 PM »
 :D :D :D ;)