Author Topic: my 81 invader project  (Read 3312 times)

james anson

my 81 invader project
« on: December 02, 2012, 07:48:26 PM »
hi everyone my name is james ive been a fan of kawi sleds since i was a little kid when my dad had a 79 intruder
ive owned 2 drifters in the past and ive always wanted an invader
this past summer i traded my drifter for a 79 invader, i needed some parts to fix it up so i searched for a parts machine
well now i own 4 of them, a 78, 79, 80 and 81 all of which are 440 invaders, my dad has another intruder 440 and my best friend has a 440 intriguer
ive picked the 81 to fix up first because i think its the most rare and i really like the colour scheme
so if anyone needs some parts or has some parts, and lives in southwestern Ontario PM me

so far ive replaced the belly pan, started polishing the tunnel, and the engine is in pieces awaiting new gaskets
heres a couple pictures for now, i hope to have some more very soon

gixxer6

Re: my 81 invader project
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2012, 08:51:32 AM »
The 81' was always my favorite Invader.  The updated Vari-Ride suspension makes for a nice ride, Invader parts are readily available, and when tuned right, they can keep up with the new stuff! 

Sounds like you have the disease...  Be careful, 1 Invader turns into 4, the next thing you know, you have a dozen or two...  Welcome to the site! 

Intrigued_440

Re: my 81 invader project
« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2012, 03:19:25 PM »
Nice invader. Update us on the progress!
My Sled's:
1980 Kawasaki Invader 340