Author Topic: Kawasaki graveyard in Duluth.  (Read 7376 times)

rminier

75 SnoJet Astro SS, 79 Kawasaki Invader 440 (two of them), 81 Scorpion Sidewinder, 82 Blizzard 9500, 83 Yamaha Vmax 540, 97 MXZ 670....and holding...for now.

78invader2

Re: Kawasaki graveyard in Duluth.
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2015, 08:26:27 PM »
So sad, I just seen it on CL

mswyka

« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2015, 08:56:36 PM »
Looks like the definition of "run hard and put away wet"
Intruders:  1978, 1979, 1981 Custom (Pink)
Invaders:   1980 440
Projects:    1981 Invader 440

rminier

« Reply #3 on: October 07, 2015, 04:29:17 PM »
 Yes, it is pretty sad. I wonder who collected all these over the years, and then parked them in the weeds?
  I must admit to being intrigued by the '81 Invader....May still be my favorite Kawi of all. If a decent candidate appears for sale near me, I would probably succumb to "Mad Kawi Disease" again! ;D
I would like it just for the better rear suspension....although it looks like it has sank into the dirt up to the tunnel.
 It would probably take a quart of nitroglycerin to get the cross shafts out...Or at least mswykas acid treatment! 8) 8)
75 SnoJet Astro SS, 79 Kawasaki Invader 440 (two of them), 81 Scorpion Sidewinder, 82 Blizzard 9500, 83 Yamaha Vmax 540, 97 MXZ 670....and holding...for now.

gixxer6

« Reply #4 on: October 07, 2015, 08:52:52 PM »
My 81 Invader is still my favorite Kawi...

IraqvetUSMC

« Reply #5 on: October 15, 2015, 01:11:26 PM »
I am half tempted to send this guy a text and ask him how he accumulated so many Kawi sleds. Their are sleds hidden in the weeds and crap. I bet we could all get those sleds for dirt cheap. Me an my friend are actually going to pick up 2 kawasakis for free this weekend or next that we found. Not sure how we could possibly get another set of free sleds after getting 2 last year and of all things they are kawi's.

rminier

« Reply #6 on: October 16, 2015, 04:05:23 PM »
  FREE!!  2 more Free  8) ;D
 What are they?
 We need pictures, whenever you can....even if they're all beat up.
 Good to hear!

IraqvetUSMC

« Reply #7 on: October 20, 2015, 01:14:11 PM »
Sorry so late. Yes they are free we just need time to pick them up. I believe one is an invader and the other is a drifter or intriguer. My friend seen them and said they were identical to ours and we can pick them up whenever we want. Hopefully we can get them this week if not in a couple weeks since i am going out of town next week. I think were gonna keep the sleds and get them running so other people can ride them also and it helps he lives on a lake :). Lots of open spaces to blow them up lol. My friend blew up his newer Yamaha triple on the ice at 98 mph, the same day my sled took a crap on me.

IraqvetUSMC

« Reply #8 on: October 20, 2015, 01:16:51 PM »
Oh and I have a question, my invader has always smoked like a freight train at idle since the day I got it. Is it normal for the sleds to smoke pretty good? This will fill the garage with smoke in a hurry.

gixxer6

« Reply #9 on: October 20, 2015, 01:37:14 PM »
Oh and I have a question, my invader has always smoked like a freight train at idle since the day I got it. Is it normal for the sleds to smoke pretty good? This will fill the garage with smoke in a hurry.

An odd spot for a question...but, my Invader smokes really bad after sitting for long periods.  I believe one of the check valve/banjo's leak a little.  If yours only leaks on idle I don't think you have the same issue.  Mine smokes real bad for the first 100 yards then clears right up.  If yours always smokes at idle you should check your oil injection adjustment. 

IraqvetUSMC

« Reply #10 on: October 20, 2015, 07:24:22 PM »
Hahaha I know. but I know rminier would chime in since the thread is recent lol. It seems fine while riding but just smokes rather decent at idle in the garage. Where is the adjustment for it? I thought it was just the cable and lever? the lever is all the way on the stop at idle.

gixxer6

« Reply #11 on: October 21, 2015, 09:14:12 AM »
The adjustment is the cable.  It should be at the stopper at idle and start to move at the same time the carb slides begin to move. 

rminier

« Reply #12 on: October 21, 2015, 02:56:46 PM »
 LOL..it seems all my sleds smoke a lot if they have sat for awhile. They clear up a lot after the 1st ride of the year, even if it's only a few laps around the back yard.
 But, they will drive me out of the garage if I let them sit and ldle in the garage.
  But, I love the smell of 2 stroke oil in the morning! ::) ;D
  It sounds like you have your pump set correctly..

eric7a

« Reply #13 on: November 01, 2015, 11:34:32 PM »
I contacted the guy in duluth, as we needed some parts for the 4 invaders we just picked up (2 440's, 2 340's). It didn't sound like there was a lot of good parts left, but I'm hoping to at least find a temp gauge or 2 down there. He did say he has several good running old kawasaki sleds, these are just what he had left and isn't using.

gixxer6

« Reply #14 on: November 02, 2015, 06:58:28 AM »
I contacted the guy in duluth, as we needed some parts for the 4 invaders we just picked up (2 440's, 2 340's). It didn't sound like there was a lot of good parts left, but I'm hoping to at least find a temp gauge or 2 down there. He did say he has several good running old kawasaki sleds, these are just what he had left and isn't using.

If you are in need of parts, try posting a wanted ad in the classifieds section on this forum.  There's several guys on here with lots of extra parts (myself included  ;)) that could help you out.