Author Topic: Invader 440 jetting  (Read 3241 times)

hill8860

Invader 440 jetting
« on: December 12, 2012, 12:42:21 PM »
Hello guys new to this site new to kawis building a drag sled lookin for some jetting info I've got a  440 invader  rebuilt with new seals and top end  had porting done to the aeen specs also heads shaved running 38mm carbs with no box  used aeens carb specs 360 mains 35 pilots have a couple different sets of twin pipes I've been tryin sled starts very hard and seems to be way to rich any thoughts would be great  also  when I originally rebuilt this engine the timing mark was off from the other spare engines I have am I correct that the timing mark is set at about 3 o'clock  by the mark on the stator and the mark on the housing

invader87

Re: Invader 440 jetting
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2012, 01:05:58 PM »
had/have the same problems with the orange sled. i ran the aaen porting with both aaen pipes and ltd pipes pretty similar results. i ran 360 on the mains but went smaller on the pilots. 25-30. it had a pretty nasty bog with the porting so i tried a 3.5 slide cutaway and seemed to help it out a lot. if the porting is done correctly to aaens specs stay around that 360 main. i stuck my first set of aaen cylinders with 310s.