Author Topic: Gotta Love The Groundhog  (Read 178 times)

mswyka

Gotta Love The Groundhog
« on: March 02, 2024, 08:22:40 AM »
Gotta love the groundhog.  Whether a believer or no, the groundhog stands as a symbol for all who love love long winters - hoping and pining that February 2 will come without a healthy cloud cover.  Today is March 2 - my grandson Ethan's birthday.  Alas, spring is very early this year and there will be no celabratory birthday snowmobile ride this year.  I am confident that everyone reading this post loves some aspect of snowmobiling - whether it is the cold, the snow, the love of the out of doors, the fresh air or the smell or two stroke, the finding, the buying, the fixing, restoring, or the riding - there is adventure and romance in every aspect of the hobby.  As I sit here today my fun is the thinking of the repairs that I will be making to a couple of the sleds at Camp - I have just about received all of the parts that I need.  Now to schedule a day to get up there. For the moment I am not going to be worried about it being too cold to work without gloves.  I question whether the true reward will be a day spent doing something I love, the roar of the first fire after re-assembly, or time with good friends who share a common interes.  One thing for sure, there will be no groundhogs at this party.
« Last Edit: March 02, 2024, 06:18:13 PM by mswyka »
Intruders:  1978, 1979, 1981 Custom (Pink)
Invaders:   1980 440
Projects:    1981 Invader 440

Interceptor398

• Administrator
Re: Gotta Love The Groundhog
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2024, 09:52:25 AM »
It is a fun hobby.  For some crazy reason I am wanting to watch the Ground hog day movie!