Author Topic: Kawasaki Drifter Question  (Read 5947 times)

scottco

Kawasaki Drifter Question
« on: December 14, 2012, 06:30:17 PM »
New to the site and am wondering if anyone can give some info on a 1980 Kawasaki Drifter F/A.just bought it from my brother,he has a couple invaders also,but cant find much info on it.How rare is the free air?it runs perfect,very nice shape just needs a seat cover,its starting to crack.also,what are the values of these sleds?thanks for your time and love the site-scott.

jimvw57

Re: Kawasaki Drifter Question
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2012, 11:37:51 PM »
The Drifter F/A was only around for the one year ( I think) and a great sled! light, fast and just plain fun to drive.

Uses a standard Drifter seat which are sold on Ebay, and at Image Enterprises

Trucker

« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2012, 07:19:23 AM »
The F/A seat is different than the other drifters. Its a great little sled but very low performance. I think i get maybe 40mph out of the one i had.

tomahawkcat

« Reply #3 on: December 24, 2012, 06:26:05 PM »
go to ebay type in 1980 kawasaki drifter 340 F/A  they have a real nice seat cover i just bought one if i remember right it was 89.00 or 99.00 plus shipping cant get one any cheaper,
if you look at the vintage sled classifieds and do a seach for 1980 drifters F/A a guy in woodruff ,manitsihwaters WI area has one for 1500.00 i think a little high, but these are very rare sleds, one year wonders, maybe top speed is 40 -45 , but i'm building one right now and cant wait till i can ride it, would be a great summer drag sled, a rubber track, theres also a guy with CDs for the 340 drifter matter of fact it has all 3 drifters made that years a great CD pick one up on e-bay also,

Trucker

« Reply #4 on: December 24, 2012, 07:10:15 PM »
The one in manitowish waters is my old F/A

jimvw57

« Reply #5 on: December 24, 2012, 10:07:55 PM »
by being a Supporting Member, you do have access to all the Kawasaki Manuals that are in the supporting members area. These are official Kawasaki Manuals and not bootleg copies. The club has written permission to publish them for members use.