Author Topic: Belt slippage.... next on the list.  (Read 1701 times)

F500-92

Belt slippage.... next on the list.
« on: January 17, 2018, 08:17:48 AM »
Next in my saga to get this  sled working correctly is the belt.    I'm getting an over rev condition when I try to ride it.  Its ok on the stand.    The stationary sheave on the primary is much hotter than the other 3 sheaves.   Also when the secondary fully closes, the  belt is still dragging on the primary pulling down RPMS.  Seems like the belt may be sitting too high in the secondary.

At this point I did the following. 
I put a new Dayco HP3012 belt on, moved both sides of the jackshaft forward all the way, used a straight edge to ensure the secondary is parallel to the primary, removed all shims on the secondary and left the bolt out so it can float.  Hit all sheaves with a scotch pad and brake clean. 

Primary has the yellow spring, weights are standard and have no PN.  the weight has the nut, bolt and 3 washers installed.  Seems all factory for an Invader 440.   

F500-92

Re: Belt slippage.... next on the list.
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2018, 08:18:51 AM »
Next in my saga to get this  sled working correctly is the belt.    I'm getting an over rev condition when I try to ride it.  Its ok on the stand and once it gets going.    The stationary sheave on the primary is much hotter than the other 3 sheaves.   Also when the secondary fully closes, the  belt is still dragging on the primary pulling down RPMS.  Seems like the belt may be sitting too high in the secondary.

At this point I did the following. 
I put a new Dayco HP3012 belt on, moved both sides of the jackshaft forward all the way, used a straight edge to ensure the secondary is parallel to the primary, removed all shims on the secondary and left the bolt out so it can float.  Hit all sheaves with a scotch pad and brake clean. 

Primary has the yellow spring, weights are standard and have no PN.  the weight has the nut, bolt and 3 washers installed.  Seems all factory for an Invader 440.