Author Topic: Invader gears  (Read 5016 times)

hill8860

Invader gears
« on: December 21, 2012, 10:19:03 PM »
Hey guys is there any other gears from other sleds that fit these invaders also if not is there any jackshafts that  will retrofit  looking for gearing options and secondary options thanks

jimvw57

Re: Invader gears
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2012, 02:37:04 AM »
Depending on what you want, lots of ice drag racers use the 340 gears for a faster takeoff, it does affect the top end. Otherwise you can play with the clutch engagement speed by using different springs in the secondary.
I'd suggest looking in the shop manuals for the different gearing and springs that were available to decide what you want.

hill8860

« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2012, 08:43:25 AM »
He thanks  but just wondered if there was any other sleds that used the same size gears sein that these parts like gears and clutch parts aren't so plentiful

jimvw57

« Reply #3 on: December 22, 2012, 02:36:56 PM »
never had problems finding parts for gears or clutches. You could change to a Comet clutch, but they also are no longer available except for aftermarket (Ebay and such)

hill8860

« Reply #4 on: December 22, 2012, 02:58:23 PM »
Ok thanks again but I guess what I'm askin is there any other sleds gears that will fit and do you know where I can get different gears also talking about the secondary clutch not the primary far as I know they don't make dual angle Helix for these other than havin one made just wondering what other options I had with this secondary without havin to change everything over to cat or Polaris complete drive system

jimvw57

« Reply #5 on: December 22, 2012, 07:16:46 PM »
The primary clutch had different springs that could be installed for different settings. My 4/6 has a spring for a higher RPM before engaging.

The secondary has a couple of settings for the preload of the spring inside. otherwise they were all about the same.

Trucker

« Reply #6 on: December 22, 2012, 07:51:48 PM »
I do believe the late model arctic cat gears are the same

JosephNiemi

« Reply #7 on: December 22, 2012, 08:35:57 PM »
some secondary should fit on stock jackshaft

i think this is an arctic secondary?  would be cool if arctic gears fit too.

i was going to look into newer gears/chains for the kawi's,  i would like to run aluminum gears in a kawasaki chaincase and driveshaft in my txl open mod.  then i could probly find an aluminum jackshaft with a custom bearing to fit the kawasaki chaincase too.
« Last Edit: December 22, 2012, 11:22:27 PM by JosephNiemi »
Interceptor #453
Interceptor #575
'78 Invader 440 #679

hill8860

« Reply #8 on: December 23, 2012, 06:36:22 AM »
Hey guys thanks for all the info hey trucker any idea what cat gears I have some zr gears from late 90,s  and I believe they won't work and that pic is def a cat clutch but I believe those have all solid shafts suppose could have shaft welded and Bridgeport cut in

Trucker

« Reply #9 on: December 23, 2012, 08:28:34 AM »
I cant remember what sleds but it do believe it was late 80's early 90's stuff that have the same splines and shaft size  for the gears.

JDmatt

« Reply #10 on: December 23, 2012, 05:39:24 PM »
How many splines on the inside?  I have a catalog that will cross-reference.  I can also order new gears. 
Matt
www.JDsleds.com - John Deere Snowmobiles
www.newbreedparts.com - New parts for John Deere & Kawasaki Snowmobiles