Author Topic: Cranky I am!  (Read 4458 times)

Interceptor398

• Administrator
Cranky I am!
« on: February 11, 2018, 03:01:09 PM »
 >:(So I figure I should put a few mile on the sled today but it should have fresh wear bars.  I go to my truck to get the a small tool box that has the tools I need for this simple job. Something did not look right, my big tool box was not where it should be so I go check the shop and still no sign of it. I go in the driver side of the truck this time and there are some pieces of my key switch on the seat and floor.  Some low life tried to steal my truck sometime in the last 3 weeks.  The one thing that kept them from driving away with my tools and wood cutting stuff (4 saws and a brush cutter, etc)  was my truck has a parasitic leak in the rear wiring so I disconnect the battery if it will sit for more than a day.  They got the switch to turn but no juice to the starter kept the truck home. They took my big tool box and two smaller containers with 2/3rds of my tools, about all 1 person can carry. I filed a report but don't expect anything to come of it.  I normally have a trail camera on the driveway but not for the last 3 weeks or I would have a better idea of who thought they needed my stuff more than me.  Camera is back in place incase they come back for more.  Why would anyone want to steal a rusty truck?? Not a happy day!
« Last Edit: February 11, 2018, 03:53:49 PM by Interceptor398 »

mswyka

Re: Crank I am!
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2018, 03:23:11 PM »
Ugh.  You have my condolences.  That must have been a very discouraging find.
Intruders:  1978, 1979, 1981 Custom (Pink)
Invaders:   1980 440
Projects:    1981 Invader 440

Vader440

Re: Cranky I am!
« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2018, 04:28:28 PM »
Bottom feeding thieves!  >:(

DougKauer

« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2018, 04:49:23 PM »
There's always some kind of low life out there. Don't worry they always get it in the end.

Interceptor398

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: February 11, 2018, 06:45:20 PM »
There's always some kind of low life out there. Don't worry they always get it in the end.

Well said!

I was able to get the busted up key switch out and the new ones start are $30.00.  Some of the tools are what was left of a Craftsman tool kits my dad got for me and my brother when we were in our early teens, 40 years ago. It was kind of a defensive move on dads part as his tools kept disappearing. As a testament to Craftsmen tools, the tool box rotted out 20 years ago and I did bust but the 3/8 ratchet ( 2 foot pipe not a good idea) but everything else was still good.  The other tools I have picked up along the way to fix specific things. The ones I used a lot were in the truck because then my most used tools were always close.  I'm OK with using new stuff sometimes but this is not how I prefer to get them.
« Last Edit: February 12, 2018, 07:51:49 AM by Interceptor398 »

Boomologist

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: February 12, 2018, 02:39:44 AM »
Wow! Sorry that happened to you.
I know the feeling. 35 years ago I had my entire tool chest lifted from the back of my truck. Insurance paid some but you never come out ahead with insurance claim. Ended up replacing most tools. Then almost two years later they caught a neighbor kid with my tools. I thank god I wasn't home when he took them or I would probably still be in jail. I hate a thief.
« Last Edit: February 12, 2018, 02:44:12 AM by Boomologist »

Truder78

« Reply #6 on: February 12, 2018, 07:06:46 AM »
Bummer... I hate when people take stuff that isn't theirs. We had a neighbor who was having his truck fixed so he took all his tools and equipment out of his truck put them in his shed and they broke into the shed and took everything he never heard a thing when they did it. We had an idea who might have done it but they could never prove anything. I remember growing up we never locked doors could leave your car running we you ran into the post office or town store not any more sad. If they need money that bad to have to steal I would rather give them 20 and send them on their way. Some people just like stealing I guess.
Kawasaki Snowmobiles
Riding the thrill of a life time

gixxer6

« Reply #7 on: February 12, 2018, 07:18:51 AM »
 >:(

kawhead

« Reply #8 on: February 12, 2018, 08:25:20 AM »
bummer.....hope karma gets their azz

Boomologist

• Administrator
« Reply #9 on: February 12, 2018, 10:52:38 AM »
May want to consider something I did to keep a dog from marking my tires. I connected a fence charger to the truck. I have never heard a dog yelp so loud.

BornagianKawi

« Reply #10 on: February 12, 2018, 06:38:40 PM »
That sucks. The clowns don"t even know what they got. There day will come. I did send you some wall art. Maybe cheer you up.

Interceptor398

• Administrator
« Reply #11 on: February 12, 2018, 07:08:42 PM »
May want to consider something I did to keep a dog from marking my tires. I connected a fence charger to the truck. I have never heard a dog yelp so loud.

I did a similar thing with a cat food dish many years ago.  Broadie, the lab from hell would come over and take the cat food dish and head home with it.  He would stop about half way and eat the food.  Someplace I have a picture of the set up but it went like this.  I took an electric fencer, a plastic bowl and a metal bowl.  I took a piece of wire and screwed it to the bottom of the metal bowl. Stripped and put a curl in the end of the wire and did the curl on the wire from the fencer and set the metal bowl in the plastic bowl.  It was safe until he picked it up to take it with him.  Long story short, he stopped running off with the cat food dish.  ;D

Interceptor398

• Administrator
« Reply #12 on: February 12, 2018, 07:14:06 PM »
That sucks. The clowns don"t even know what they got. There day will come. I did send you some wall art. Maybe cheer you up.

Got it, thanks!!  It sounds interesting but we are invited to a family skating party the same day.

Gilson435

« Reply #13 on: February 13, 2018, 12:52:41 PM »
That's the sheetz!! >:(  Are there any pawn shops near you that you could check to see if any tools have been brought into?
69 Panther 372 JLO
73 Gilson 435
80 Kawasaki Intruder 440
81 Pantera,93 Jag,(2)94 Cougars, (2)Prowlers, (2)Z440's
2002 Polaris XCSP 800

Interceptor398

• Administrator
« Reply #14 on: February 13, 2018, 04:29:37 PM »
That's the sheetz!! >:(  Are there any pawn shops near you that you could check to see if any tools have been brought into?

Nearest is about 30 miles.  My insurance guy said to replace the tools and send him the bill so for now I am playing that game.  I had some odd stuff that most of the kits don't have so I will be piecing it back together over the next few weeks.  I still might make a Saturday adventure of touring the pawn shops??